Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Hi Paul

Does mean I could come kielder,pity I have something else on

Of course you could come... Thought you knew this Neil!

Out last night again, only had an hour as I had other things to do, (which got me back inside before the Moon came up) spotted one meteor just below Cassiopeia at around 8-45 lasting about 2 secs. Again, really enjoyed just wandering aimlessly along the milky way with my old 10x50 bino's and also a 25mm eyepiece through my 8" dob.

Advice please regarding eyepieces for planetary obs, which would be best, I have been looking at a 10mm or 15mm plossl , but not sure, I have a 6mm plossl already but am looking at adding to my collection. ps:The eyepiece I would hope to be using with both my scopes.

regards

Eric

Eric Me and my son saw this meteor driving home from Barnsley last night, we both shouted out at the same time was pretty cool!

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good that Matt - well done. Hope the skies are better up your way than here, as it has started to come over quite cloudy now.

Well, I have had a fairly productive hour. Conclusion is that the RDF will not line up when mounted through the DSLR piggy-back. Hopefully all is not lost. I have taken it off and put the RDF back in it's original position, and Bob's your uncle, I've got it aligned pretty much spot on again. So, what I'm going to have to do is attach the DSLR piggy-back mount a bit further round away from the RDF.

Did a tiny bit of viewing before the clouds came in - got the double double looking beautiful in my 6mm EP - could split the full system wonderfully. Pleased with that one.

Had a quick scout around Cassiopeia and got a couple of nice clusters in the 20mm EP, but wasn't taking note of which ones they were. The cloud was coming in quite thick, so decided to call it a night.

Just about to finish packing up. Then it'll be time for a nice cold beer whilst I sort this piggy-back mount out. Hopefully, it should be straight forward.

Hope some of you have clearer skies than I have and get some decent viewing/imaging done :)

It was clear here, but some cloud has moved over. Fog is forecast for past midnight though

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Have you seen any bargins withing a 500/600 pound price rand am looking for a goto mount really if possible until I can join the club other mounts from ppl that know what they are doing lol, but a goto mount will be great as I have nothing but fields around my house and no st lights hardly

Can't resist a bargain, just have to hide it from the misses! ;)

You could always drive up but the satanic Moon would be up by the time you arrived... Oh and I'd prob be too Brahms and List to come meet you as well ;)

I'm still watching this mirror going round to be honest Soupy

Could pick up a reasonable goto for that, but you could get a much bigger Dob for less. More aperture means fainter objects. If you are not bothered about AP then you would go that route.

I picked up a 10" OTA for £100 this week, all it needs is a mount either second hand or building, which will cost prob less than £100. Big aperture for a fraction of the price of new. With money left for some EPs :)

Have you seen any bargins withing a 500/600 pound price rand am looking for a goto mount really if possible until I can join the club other mounts from ppl that know what they are doing lol, but a goto mount will be great as I have nothing but fields around my house and no st lights hardly

May be a great idea to come to one of our viewing sessions before making a decision Mark.

There are lots to choose from all with plus and minus points.

I'm still watching this mirror going round to be honest Soupy

Hope it going round and round and round and round... Etc... Is not too boring!

If you are free tomorrow evening you could pop up and stop over! Got a spare room. ;) let me know

I plan to, but I do plan on buying something like a nexstar 127 slt after a lot of research plus I have a skywatcher 130p on a eq2 mount I use to moon viewing since I don't know how to use the mount correctly tho I get the basic but would rather make sure I am doing it right, that's why I intend on joining your club lol, but I am surrounded by fields and hardly no st light my back garden is pitch blk at night, so that why I decided to go for a goto scope like the 127 while I learn more

May be a great idea to come to one of our viewing sessions before making a decision Mark.
There are lots to choose from all with plus and minus points.

Less of the finder malarkey how's Terry doing?

He's ok I guess - the surgery was more complicated than anticipated and they had to do a lot of pulling around inside - bleugh!

He is blobbed out with his wrist heavily bandaged and elevated in the lounge watching some of his TV programmes on the Chromecast.

Unfortunately, he is not allowed to drink, although tbh I don't think he is feeling well enough to fancy one anyway.

So, I am chilling with a beer or two (Tetleys Smooth Flow is the beverage of choice this evening) on the big comfy recliner settee in Vic's Astronomy Central trying to keep up with this thread..... and they say I can talk! ;)

Think I might crack open the Disaronno later, cos that's how I roll lol :)

The 130p is a good starter scope and the 127 probably wouldn't show you much difference apart from the goto and seeing more with it.

Plenty of time and attending a meet would probably cement what you want

Can't resist a bargain, just have to hide it from the misses! ;)

I tell you, I'm not a normal misses! I can't resist an Astro-bargain and have to stash it in Vic's Astronomy Central and reckon I've had it for ages..... he he ;)

Think poor Terry has probably cottoned on to my mischievous ways now.....

Hmmm, not sure if I'm going to move on to Disaronno or the Kahlua - both bottles look equally as tempting.

Going to have another Tetleys or two first though.

Sophie is back from the rugby and Rhinos have won, so she's in a good mood. Think we'll have a couple of hours catching up with our TV programmes together - we've got Hunted to watch from last night - love that programme. Then we've got First Dates - total trash TV, but highly entertaining :)

Catch you all later peoples....

Hope it going round and round and round and round... Etc... Is not too boring!

If you are free tomorrow evening you could pop up and stop over! Got a spare room. ;) let me know

Watched it just over a million times today I think lol!

I tell you, I'm not a normal misses! I can't resist an Astro-bargain and have to stash it in Vic's Astronomy Central and reckon I've had it for ages..... he he ;)

Think poor Terry has probably cottoned on to my mischievous ways now.....

Hmmm, not sure if I'm going to move on to Disaronno or the Kahlua - both bottles look equally as tempting.

Going to have another Tetleys or two first though.

Sophie is back from the rugby and Rhinos have won, so she's in a good mood. Think we'll have a couple of hours catching up with our TV programmes together - we've got Hunted to watch from last night - love that programme. Then we've got First Dates - total trash TV, but highly entertaining :)

Catch you all later peoples....

Yeah but how's Terry really?

Yeah but how's Terry really?

Pale, poorly and in a lot of pain. I do feel for him, but can't do anything for him other than just leave him alone to rest.

He's got to keep his arm elevated, so I think he'll probably end up dozing on the couch tonight.

He's just had some more pain killers - think he's had his maximum for today now.

He doesn't look right cracking. Poor fella :(

Archived