Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

It is a good film and Matt Damon is his usual brilliant self. We go really early so as to avoid all the other ppl it's nice and quiet Mark

Did you see the 3D version? Is it one to be seen at the cinema to really get the scale of it? I usually wait until things come out on DVD, as I am a tight Yorkshire lass, and it is as cheap to buy the DVD as it it is for a cinema ticket. However, some films just have to be seen on the big screen! :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi peeps, just started a new thread called WADAS events. Might be an idea to follow this.

If there are any meet ups, society meetings or other events we are holding it would be a good idea to keep those posts there so people can easily follow if we are meeting up. It can be difficult to keep track of this thread as it moves on so fast and people might miss the chance for a meet up.

Hope this is agreeable with everyone and hopefully it resolves possible missed observing opportunities.

Feel free to now carry on as before. ;)

Great idea Soupy.

Did you see the 3D version? Is it one to be seen at the cinema to really get the scale of it? I usually wait until things come out on DVD, as I am a tight Yorkshire lass, and it is as cheap to buy the DVD as it it is for a cinema ticket. However, some films just have to be seen on the big screen! :)

No only 2D. I did think it would be good in 3D but I get head ache with 3D. I just don't seem to be able to get on wit it at all

Mark

No only 2D. I did think it would be good in 3D but I get head ache with 3D. I just don't seem to be able to get on wit it at all Mark

Thought your be on-line and posting around this time of morning. Terry doesn't get on with 3D films either and make his head ache and his eyes go funny lol. Would really like to see it on 3D, as Matt recommended, however we'll probably just see it in normal 2D. Think we'll go one day next week with Terry being off work at the minute :)

Hopefully I will be able to attend the 5th November meet at Horbury, how do I go about becoming a member please, can I join on that evening, if so, what do I need to bring in order to join.

Also, I hope the weather is fine and clear for you all  observing at Kielder

Eric

I'm surprised she gets the time to even look at her images, the amount of talking she does! ;)

Oi cheeky! I've been busy at work, and then had to take my car in to the garage. Typical that a warning light has come on 2 days before Kielder! Fab job Soupy! :)

Hmmm.. Telescope might be out for a play tonight

Quite cloudy and breezy over my way too. However, if it clears enough later I might be tempted to chuck the little frac out to have half an hour.

Garage just rang. ABS warning light is now off. They can't find anything wrong wth it, and the light hasn't come back on after a test run. They say to see how it goes :)

The BBC said the aurora might be visible from our area tonight, but I can't see any Aurora alerts

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

My northern horizon is pretty good.

I've seen three displays from home...fingers crossed for the next one.

Archived