Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see Gain. Called to see Lee and had a good old chat. The only thing I did bye was a Deep sky atlas.

It was a bit disappointing and not meany deals to be had on general Astro stuff.

The credit card is safe as Lunt did not have a stand although it said there was to be one. Nearly home should be there in about an hour

Mark

I made my first on-line purchase of a new EP last week, and it arrived safely this morning. Took a punt on a BST Explorer 18mm as they have been well recommended. Looks like a lovely EP, and can't wait to try it out. It was up for only £25 including P&P, so thought I'd take the plunge on my first on-line order. Looks in good nick - nice and clean. That's it for purchases for me for now :)

Hope Mark and Gain are having a good time at the Astro-Fest - bet that Mark will be burning a hole in the credit card lol ;)

That sounds like a good price for an EP. I might have to look them up.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good price for an EP. I might have to look them up.

It is second hand - got it from ABS. It isn't branded "starguider" as I think it is an older version, but it looks really nice and clean. I might get chance to try it out later if it clears. They are available new for around £50-£60, so £25 was quite a bargain if it is as good optically as it looks. They twist up to give really good eye-relief too and it seems like it'll be a comfortable EP to use. Seemed a nice chap I bought it from as I was chatting to him via e-mail before purchasing as I haven't bought anything like that before. Didn't think I'd lose too much if it turned out to be a dud, but fingers crossed it looks fine :)

post-39306-0-82437200-1443881449_thumb.j

It is second hand - got it from ABS. It isn't branded "starguider" as I think it is an older version, but it looks really nice and clean. I might get chance to try it out later if it clears. They are available new for around £50-£60, so £25 was quite a bargain if it is as good optically as it looks. They twist up to give really good eye-relief too and it seems like it'll be a comfortable EP to use. Seemed a nice chap I bought it from as I was chatting to him via e-mail before purchasing as I haven't bought anything like that before. Didn't think I'd lose too much if it turned out to be a dud, but fingers crossed it looks fine :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's upside down lol looks a good bye Vicky well done

Mark

He's been in touch with me Vicky trying his best to spend my money lol!

That makes a change - he's been out trying to spend mine recently lol

Is he buying you a nice new refractor, as I know you've been dropping plenty of hints ;)

Hope you're having a good day with John and your mirror :)

Terry is a lot brighter today. He stopped downstairs on the sofa last night so he could keep his arm elevated. He's dosed up on pain killers and seems a bit more like his usual colour. Hopefully, the worst will be over this next couple of days :)

Think I've turned it around now as it isn't Australian lol - mind you, there is no upside down in space...... :)

That looks like it won't go with your scope Vicky, I think that's the model that only works on nothing higher than a 6se, so I'll give you a tenner for it [emoji3]

That looks like it won't go with your scope Vicky, I think that's the model that only works on nothing higher than a 6se, so I'll give you a tenner for it [emoji3]

Nice try Chris. They must not be available to bye new from all shops Iv only seen them for sale on eBay and a link from eBay to a shop down south

Mark

Oh no, I'll have to stick it in the 80mm frac then lol ;)

There not frac compatible, can't believe you made such a basic error hehe. Just a shame it's s cloudy night tonight as I bet you want to test it out now

There not frac compatible, can't believe you made such a basic error hehe. Just a shame it's s cloudy night tonight as I bet you want to test it out now

Oh dear, I'm in trouble if they're not frac compatible lol.

Yes, I do want to give it a test drive, but I suppose it's not going anywhere - if we have some break in the cloud later I might chuck the little frac out to pop it in and just check out the optics. Won't give me the same views as it would through the 8SE or the WO 110, but at least with it being a 1.25" I can test it out. Just put my mind at rest that it works ok :)

Ok, this is not brilliant, but I managed a quick image of Epsilon Lyrae, the double double, using my DSLR at prime focus through the 8SE last night. Boy, those doubles are tight! Thought I'd share - you can just make out the double-double, although it's not the best image. One to re-visit another time :)

Visually, I used the 6mm EP as it allowed the full system in the same FOV, and still allowed me to resolve it well.

post-39306-0-01512400-1443885027_thumb.j

Ok, this is not brilliant, but I managed a quick image of Epsilon Lyrae, the double double, using my DSLR at prime focus through the 8SE last night. Boy, those doubles are tight! Thought I'd share - you can just make out the double-double, although it's not the best image. One to re-visit another time :)

Visually, I used the 6mm EP as it allowed the full system in the same FOV, and still allowed me to resolve it well.

attachicon.gifEpsilon Lyrae 02.10.2015.jpg

Nice pair Vicky

Archived