NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

That's my power connector, are they any stronger?

0deb1c386485361f1dcc8551311386bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Looks like the standard 2.1mm centre positive connector,   they are ok, but can slip out and disconnect when the mount moves, so that's why some of us mod the mount to use locking type connectors

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the standard 2.1mm centre positive connector, they are ok, but can slip out and disconnect when the mount moves, so that's why some of us mod the mount to use locking type connectors

Ah right, got ya. Mines just used to charge the internal battery, so as yet I've not used it whilst it's connected. Food for thought though

Two ordinary looking external sockets from the outside. 5afa0e028e9914d3163728e9e7b31988.jpg

Behold, one is a normal 3pin, the other is a USB & a XLR socket for 12v, which connect up to my mount project box.

a3c41fa5d25937a2c9a248ee72782afd.jpg

Not sure how many other people have a USB coming out of their shed!?

Which means Matt's astronomy command centre is pretty much operational

ce523cf6c85322124260a7c76984436a.jpg

Sent from my OnePlus One

Two ordinary looking external sockets from the outside.

Behold, one is a normal 3pin, the other is a USB & a XLR socket for 12v, which connect up to my mount project box.

Not sure how many other people have a USB coming out of their shed!?

Which means Matt's astronomy command centre is pretty much operational

Fabulous! Looks great Matt. I'm sure your handy work will give you many years of service. Looking forward to popping over for a visit one day, so hope you have installed a kettle lol :)

Yeah very good it was too. May be lost a few pages back though

It'll be pages and pages back cos that Ursula doesn't shut up!

If you click to go onto MattGoo's profile, and then click his gallery, there is a folder for his pier buld in there. He is nice and organised with his photos :)

Thanks all. Yeah, Neil, what have you made, or is it not finished yet?

Sent from my OnePlus One

You can't leave us intrigued Neil! ;)

Come on Neil don't keep it a secret

Mark

Not saying yet just in case I doesn't work when I have finished it

Neil

The pier build thread is here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/251161-mattgoos-block-pier/

I might need to look into a USB focuser motor now as well, since the netbook PC will be inside the shed and not next to the pier anymore - so I won't be able to see the screen whilst manually adjusting the focus - unless I keep running between the two.

The pier build thread is here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/251161-mattgoos-block-pier/

I might need to look into a USB focuser motor now as well, since the netbook PC will be inside the shed and not next to the pier anymore - so I won't be able to see the screen whilst manually adjusting the focus - unless I keep running between the two.

That's a good point about the focus, I didn't think of how you would do that but now you mention it that might be the way to go. I've wanted to use my scope on wireless from inside the house and I did think to myself how was I going to focus it.

Archived