Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there i msg'ed you on facebook about joining dont know if you seen it or not

if not is there a process or a day i can visit, I lve in barnsley and your one of the closest clubs to me

thanks

Hi there

I also live in Barnsley and yes we have a society meeting every month. Check out the Wakefield and District Astronomical Society website.

Could you post your name as it makes things a little easier

thanks

Damian

Hi there i msg'ed you on facebook about joining dont know if you seen it or not. if not is there a process or a day i can visit, I lve in barnsley and your one of the closest clubs to me. thanks

Hi there, and welcome to the thread. Do you mind me asking your name?

Our website will give you information on upcoming meetings. I believe our next "normal" meeting is on Thursday 5th November, with our very own Vicky "Woozy" Dews giving us a talk on Astrobiology. We meet at 7.30pm at Horbury Academy. Pop along to one of the meetings to introduce yourself and see what we are all about.

The website will also give you information on membership etc.

In the meantime feel free to get to know some of us a little more via the chat on this thread :)

Although the moon looks very pretty tonight, I really wish I could get out to do a bit of proper viewing.

However, I'm just finishing my cuppa, then off to bed - Terry has got his op in the morning and has to be at Claremont Sheffield by 7am.

Hopefully, because of his many many allergies (including latex), they'll put him in first like last time - fingers crossed :)

Sure My name is "Mark" so do i just turn up to the meeting on the 5th of november or is there one earlier ???

Hello Mark,

Yes just come along and introduce yourself and we will make you very welcome the crowd is friendly and we are all amateurs so hopefully that will put you at ease.

We do have meets to observe but these are spur of the moment but keep an eye on tho thread and you can join us whenever you can.

Whether you are into visual or photography there are plenty of people willing to help.

Clear skies

Damian

Hi Mark, we have a members only weekend next week so unfortunately you can't come to this, so the next official meet at Horbury Academy is the 5th of November yes. After the meeting we'll prob go for a curry so feel free to join us at the too! ;)

LOL sleep deprivation had set in by this time and it all got a bit weird. Think that Gain and a full moon don't mix.... ;)

I think that sounds even worse lol as long as it was fun.

Hope all goes well with Terry's operating. Wish him all the best from us

Mark

Best of luck to Terry this morning Vicky. We're all thinking of him

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you for everyone for your thoughts and well wishes. Fortunately, his dad has taken him, so I can get the kids sorted.

Well, if he was first one down, he should be in theatre around now as it was 8.00am start last time. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything, although it was very routine last time and was in surgery just 7 minutes, and back at his mum and dad's house by 9.30am! He's thinking that Mr Garcia will want to do the trigger finger release surgery in his right hand whilst he is in having the carpel tunnel release on the left hand, but let's pray against that please, as that would put Kielder right out of the window......

I'm hoping he'll just give him another cortisone injection for now and book him back in at a later date if surgery is needed, but that's just me being selfish I guess, as I really don't fancy having him with both hands out of action for two weeks :(

The only positive of having both done at the same time is that it would save him having another 6 weeks off work unpaid, but what will be will be - I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

On another note, I might drag myself out of bed before dawn tomorrow to see if i can do any planetry imaging. should be a good view with jupiter,mars,venus in the east.   I think its around the 19th that Mars and Jupiter get very close together.

post-13088-0-80901500-1443772585_thumb.j

Thank you for everyone for your thoughts and well wishes. Fortunately, his dad has taken him, so I can get the kids sorted.

Well, if he was first one down, he should be in theatre around now as it was 8.00am start last time. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything, although it was very routine last time and was in surgery just 7 minutes, and back at his mum and dad's house by 9.30am! He's thinking that Mr Garcia will want to do the trigger finger release surgery in his right hand whilst he is in having the carpel tunnel release on the left hand, but let's pray against that please, as that would put Kielder right out of the window......

I'm hoping he'll just give him another cortisone injection for now and book him back in at a later date if surgery is needed, but that's just me being selfish I guess, as I really don't fancy having him with both hands out of action for two weeks :(

The only positive of having both done at the same time is that it would save him having another 6 weeks off work unpaid, but what will be will be - I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

Fingers crossed Vicky. Personally I would want both done but that is making Kielder for you out of the question and I'm not sure things are looking that well populated for the party.

More work today guys hopefully more successful progress.

LOL sleep deprivation had set in by this time and it all got a bit weird. Think that Gain and a full moon don't mix.... ;)

My pocket salami kept me going through the night...and what a night it was :-)

Good luck to Terry and hope he makes a rapid recovery!

My pocket salami kept me going through the night...and what a night it was :-)

Good luck to Terry and hope he makes a rapid recovery!

Thanks Gain - we're not mentioning your pocket salami any more.......

It was a great night and hopefully the first of many!

Still not heard anything from Terry - hope that doesn't mean he's having them both done lol

Think Damian is right that it'd be better in a way to get them both done at once - we cannot afford for him to have another 6 weeks off without pay - not with all this Astro-gear I keep buying from dodgy dealers (mentioning no names) - I'll just pack him off to his mum and dad's next weekend :)

Hope you have another successful day Damian - keep us posted with your lunch order as well as your progress he he ;)

He's been done, and just waiting to be discharged home. Think I'll go to work lol

They've just done the carpel tunnel on the left hand, but the surgeon says he will look at the trigger finger in the other hand in a "few weeks". Not sure how long it'll be, but Terry got the impression it wouldn't be in time to coincide with this period of time off work.

Not good news, but at least he is sorted for now. He did say the surgery wasn't as straightforward as last time, and he has been warned it will be more painful with a longer recovery time. He was expecting this to be the case as he had permanent numbness in his hand and couldn't grip on anything. Well, it's done now anyway, so hopefully he'll see some improvement when he's recovered :)

Archived