Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

you and me both share the blame I got my new scope last Saturday,  managed to get a quick lunar image, but even tht was so blown by the wibd, I aint published it

I dont think we have shared it,, i think we doubled the cloud :) I think ive managed to get the scope out twice since last friday. Tuesday night was the best, but the rest of the weekend looks cloudy

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these Pom poms Mark makes me think of cheerleaders. :) think your auto correct doesn't like prom!

Lol I don't think it likes it either (prom prom prom ) got it working now [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done my best to get rid of the cloud gods... Got a new toy for Kielder but it's not astro related!

It's a petrol driven 8 ton log splitter... Works like a knife through butter... Just spent 2 hours splitting logs... I Feel like Grizzly Adams :)

I have done my best to get rid of the cloud gods... Got a new toy for Kielder but it's not astro related!

It's a petrol driven 8 ton log splitter... Works like a knife through butter... Just spent 2 hours splitting logs... I Feel like Grizzly Adams :)

Lol I think you will need a few more pounds on and a big bushy beard Paul . I've no idea what you will use as a bear unless you have a Paddington [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it tomorrow's rendezvoused at Windscar is off. There seems to be an abundance of cloud [emoji17] for the hole of the bank holiday. I was hoping for some clear sky to see Saturn seeing as it's a 4 day weekend [emoji20]

Mark

Sunday night is looking quite good.  Would finally love to get out to Winscarr.  Been ages since I've been on here too.  Last two meetings have coincided with parents evenings too - perils of the job I'm afraid.

Dave

Well, I am up for meeting tonight if it looks semi-clear. Really need to just see where it is so I know for next time. Let me know if you think it is worth a trip out Damian and we can arrange to meet. We can always go to the pub if it turns out too cloudy...... LOL ;)

loks like a no go for tonight, sunday looks promising only other night I can do, gives me a chance to find the charger for my power tank as well lol

Which reminds me I should give mine a top up 

Well, I am up for meeting tonight if it looks semi-clear. Really need to just see where it is so I know for next time. Let me know if you think it is worth a trip out Damian and we can arrange to meet. We can always go to the pub if it turns out too cloudy...... LOL ;)

I shall pray the weather change's then, so we can at least show you where it is  :wink:

Clear outside has changed it's mind too - Sunday now clear, Monday cloudy.  Guess we'll have to use the Mk1 eyeball on Sunday evening and make a decision then.

did that last week, ended up with Damian at Soupys having a couple of beers :grin:

wont be setting off unless I know its def not cloudy down there, its a 60 or 70 mile round trip (prob will be for you as well Wiki)

did that last week, ended up with Damian at Soupys having a couple of beers :grin:

wont be setting off unless I know its def not cloudy down there, its a 60 or 70 mile round trip (prob will be for you as well Wiki)

Be better at sutton bank by the sounds of it for you two

Off to Go Outdoors this afternoon looking for tent. Seen 2 I quite fancy, a small 2 man and a slightly bigger 3 man. Both Vango, and both on offer at the moment. Going to see which one looks like it will be best for future use. Can't believe I am doing this lol - you lot have had an odd effect on me....... :)

Off to Go Outdoors this afternoon looking for tent. Seen 2 I quite fancy, a small 2 man and a slightly bigger 3 man. Both Vango, and both on offer at the moment. Going to see which one looks like it will be best for future use. Can't believe I am doing this lol - you lot have had an odd effect on me....... :)

I would always say get one that's bigger by one person than is actually going to sleep in it, that way you have room to move and store stuff

Be better at sutton bank by the sounds of it for you two

its about the same distance, but Sutton bank is all motorway except the first 1/4 mile and last couple of miles for me so is easier to get to, but then don't have yu lot up there to ask stupid questions of lol

Archived