Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am up for playing out Saturday night. Fingers crossed for a clear evening. I have no idea how to get there as I have never been before. I'll keep my eye on here to see who is going to see if I can follow anyone down. Leigh, if you are going if it looks to be clear, I might see about following you if you go down the M1.

I can pick you and Luke if he going up Vicky, will beeasier I have to go past ossett more or less which ever way I go,

Just someone PM me the postcode for winscarr as I got last  last week lol

Vicky.

Best way to get there is jun37 M1,follow A628 to Manchester until millhouse green, then take a right on the B6106 through the cross roads then take a left onto brook hills lane through carlecotes to townhead then a right turn onto dunford road. The slip road down to the reservoir is on the left.

Have a check on google for the directions hope this helps but I can meet you at the motor way roundabout too

Thank you Leigh and Damian. I'm not sure if Luke is coming yet. I'll keep an eye on here on Saturday to check the skies still look like they'll be clear, and also to see who is going. Leigh, I can meet you at junction 40 somewhere and follow you down. Damian, we can always meet you at motorway junction 37 so you can show us which way you go. We'll sort it out before Saturday night :)

Been to see lee at Birstall he was trying to sell me a 50mm Lunt sola scope but at £889 I think not. The views through it were tremendous a really big pom. There is a picture in sola imagine some one took of same Pom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you all like for weather... Been a great day up here but total cloud now. However some great news I have killed 3 mossies today me thinks that with a few more warm weeks we might need to bring some mossie and midge killer! ;)

Terrible forecast, all goes back to last Friday and my new scope :)

I should have bought a solarscope, then we would of had cloudy days and clear nights

you and me both share the blame I got my new scope last Saturday,  managed to get a quick lunar image, but even tht was so blown by the wibd, I aint published it

Archived