Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got some good views of Jupiter last night and also the moon which is just past full. I didnt stop up for saturn though last night as im back at work today unfotuantly. Looks like it might be clear again tonight and the moon isnt up till 21:59 tonight so thats an hour laster than yesterday. Cloud cover will be later on in the night/early morning from what ive seen

Looks like some progress on the Imaging front Leigh and a few tentative steps with the new scope have been fruitful.

I'm glad I sacrificed myself so you could all have a cloudless night although apologies for the mist I will try to tie that up to a post at work later so it's crystal clear for you all. I struggled at work last night picking out anything but the guide stars as I thought there was a lot of moisture in the air? Even after turning the main buildings 18  x 400watt east facing light's! although there must be another 40 to contend with. Ahhhh light pollution at it's best  :BangHead:

Hi all thanks for last night had a good time with Vicky, Leigh and Dave. We did not stop for Saturn because from the lake side car park we would have been there till 5 am due to the trees. Not had time to look at photos yet but will sort them and try to post lol ( bit of a dope when it comes to PCs) thanks a gain [emoji2][emoji2]

Mark

Hi all thanks for last night had a good time with Vicky, Leigh and Dave. We did not stop for Saturn because from the lake side car park we would have been there till 5 am due to the trees. Not had time to look at photos yet but will sort them and try to post lol ( bit of a dope when it comes to PCs) thanks a gain [emoji2][emoji2]

Mark

Saturn is really easy to view from the other smaller car park so may have to try that next time

I want to see M42 in my new scope but ill have to move to somewhere thats got a better western horizon as my house is in the way from my garden. I think the sky will be too light for M31 at this time of year now to get a good view

I want to see M42 in my new scope but ill have to move to somewhere thats got a better western horizon as my house is in the way from my garden. I think the sky will be too light for M31 at this time of year now to get a good view

M31 should be o.k. once the full moon has waned although it's fast slipping over the western horizon. M42 should be fine even with the moon up

It's looking good for later although quite a bit of high hazy cloud up there I can see

Oh and if I'd not told you all by now I'm on nights so it's nailed on to be clear

M31 should be o.k. once the full moon has waned although it's fast slipping over the western horizon. M42 should be fine even with the moon up

yea, i had a terrible northern sky last night, couldnt even see m31. mainly down to light pollution over wakefield

It's looking reasonable for a few hours tonight anyone going to winscarr? I'm in need of a night out with the stars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On nights fella so I'll have to give it a reluctant pass

didn't use my darks in my stack, for some reason DSS says they are a different size to my lighst and it lists them as such, yet I didn't change anything whne I took them, just put the end cap on the cope,

Nice images seemed to be a productive night. Looking pretty good tonight as well. Shame I Can't get out my daughters have come over a one of them had passed her driving test. Now I know I'm getting old :)

Thanks Vicky is stacked my lights and darks just wish I new how to process them properly.

Just don't seem to bring the best out in them. Never mind ill just keep trying [emoji4]

Mark

You'll have to tap one of our AP guys who use DSLR and processing for some tips at the next meeting ;)

Archived