SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks chaps. If it is too low to see from my front yard, I'll have a walk down to the bottom of Parker Road as it is a good South East horizon down there.

I am hoping to make it to Kielder at the end of the month if I can get a little tent sorted out for me and Luke before then. I'll just need help setting up as I dont "do" camping lol :)

Saturn was the first planet I ever saw through a scope, and that was one of the meade 12" scopes I think it was up at Todmorden, blew my mind,

@Vicky I need to check with my work rota if I can make keilder at end of april or not, but if I cannot you are welcome to borrow my tent rather than you buy one,  its a 3 man pop up one,  easy to put up and tke down, certainly big enough for you and Luke

been thinking about mounts for the new scope, the obvious is the HEQ5 pro,  but am aslo thinking about a second hand  CG5-GT  or possibly the Advanced VX new,   with the celestron mounts I can add in things like the starsense system which I wouldn't be able to do with the HEQ

Any thoughts?

Not sure on these Leigh, the only one I have used is the HEQ5 and I can't fault it. It is also the minimum you need for serious Astrophotography, but again I cant compare with the others sorry :(

Morning guys.

I had another night of waking at 1am, although this time it was a rude awakening due to my house alarm beeping away. The mains had obviously gone off tripping it.

So after re-setting it I had a brief glance at the clouds, wind and rain and put my head down again waking at 5.35 I was greeted by the bottom of the summer triangle with the three stars (Altair, Tarazed and Alshain) in Aquilla very bright in the fast approaching dawn light.

I had a quick look about between the fast moving clouds for Saturn but I assume it is now behind the house next door so was unable to pick anything else out apart from Arcturus.

Always nice to have a look but thankful the house roof is still intact today!

Damian

Hope you had a good birthday Chris - many happy returns for yesterday!

Fab report again Damian - thank you for sharing.

Looks like I'll be coming to Kielder with Luke at the end of the month! Just need to sort out the basics of what I need, but I'm looking forward to it.

So, anyone who wants a laugh at my expense get yourself up there........ :D

Hope you lot are having enter luck with the weather than me. I have had 4 seasons in one day up here, now currently having a blizzard outside the window... Although the forecast is for clear skies later this evening, so you never know

I am coming to Keilder not working on the Saturday yay

Does that mean I cant buy the mount I need before then Soupy :(

@Vicky that does mean I wont be able to lend you my tent as I mentioned in previous post, but if you can get into Halfords, they have good deals on camping gear at the moment

I am coming to Keilder not working on the Saturday yay

Does that mean I cant buy the mount I need before then Soupy :(

@Vicky that does mean I wont be able to lend you my tent as I mentioned in previous post, but if you can get into Halfords, they have good deals on camping gear at the moment

Vicky can borrow my tent if she need's to ;-)

Archived