Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Outdoors have an extra 40% off tents starting tomorrow. Thank you for your offer Damian - I might take you up on it if I don't have success getting my own. I'm going to look to see what I can get there as I have seen little 2 man tents really quite cheap, and I suppose I should start to get some gear if it is something we are going to start doing fairly regularly. I just need someone to give me some advise of the basics I'll need to get. Trying to get it in my car with scopes too will be the fun bit lol. Looking forward to it :)

Vango tents are good I have an Omega 350 which take's about 20min's to put up and is quite roomy.

It is also excellent in a storm as it went through the back end of hurricane Gonzales whilst I was at the peak star party last year without a hitch not as though I ever wanted to be in high wind and lashing rain but it coped without fault. It also did it the year before at the same party with constant precipitation for 2 days again without fault

Damian

This all leads me to think maybe I'm due a good year at the peak star party, oh yeah it's been cancelled but may still go ahead in a smaller lower key affair ;-)

Think we are all due a better year Damian

Vicky you get extra off if you have a Discount card... You could borrow mine if you need one

Thanks Soupy, although I believe we have one - it may just need updating, but thank you for your offer.

We are going to have a look this weekend to see what they have got :)

Haven't received any presents as of yet since I'm at work today.

Although I did order myself an ultra thin Canon T ring which might help me achieve focus when using the Lunt Hershel Wedge.

I may have also recently acquired a used Moonlite focuser for the ED80....     ....but need a new adaptor/flange to fit it.

Had a bit of a clear night last night, managed an hour or so just browsing around, big bright Moon bleached out most of the dimmer objects so spent most of the time just viewing her instead, just good to get some viewing in so I know how you have been feeling Damian getting a little in in the early hours.

Supposed to be clear again tonight after 10 so will get out again with terrascans and see what's about.

Had a bit of a clear night last night, managed an hour or so just browsing around, big bright Moon bleached out most of the dimmer objects so spent most of the time just viewing her instead, just good to get some viewing in so I know how you have been feeling Damian getting a little in in the early hours.

Supposed to be clear again tonight after 10 so will get out again with terrascans and see what's about.

It's getting that way having to just nip out and view with the weather

@Vicky and anyone else who may struggle for room for gear in their cars, I will be going in the van,  quite happy to take camping gear there and back for anyone who does not have space,   would rather not transport astro gear other than my own, as don't want to be responsible if anything happens

Don't want to jinx anything, but it is looking like it could be clear over the weekend if anyone is around and fancies a viewing evening.

Plus, I need help with this EQ mount as I think I am being thick, and just can't work it out. Saying that, I haven't had a chance to get out with it and have a proper go at aligning it due to the limitations in my back yard.

Oh, and I have got a great South East horizon looking out of my bedroom window in our loft. We have a big Velux window that opens right up too. I have warned my poor husband that I'll be setting up the 8SE right next to his side of the bed on the next clear night. Really got to see Saturn soon! :)

yeha I noticed that Saturday night has potential as forecast is showing clear for a few hours from 1am,  and that could change to a cloudless night,   

I am up for playing out if others are

Archived