Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling for it to play on my iPad as well. I only put the Flickr link in not sure whi it converted to full video.

Cheers Damian had to do something with all those pics! I am waiting for yours... ;)

I have managed a short video Soupy although at 1 second it's not worth posting ha ha

Should be good viewing on sat night as many places are to turn lights off or dim them for Earth Hour between 8:30 and 9:30 promoted by the WWF (world wildlife fund)

Hope Manchester seriously buy into it

Well actually saw the eclipse at work and my make shift solar viewer was ok not brilliant, feel sorry for my daughter as her school was ill prepared and wouldn't let them see it

My daughters school was a bit like that too. Although she managed to see it watching it through the window with her solar glasses :) She was the only one there that had some. Plus I think they put the BBC covereage up on the whiteboards in the classrooms

things like this vary massivley from school to school. another primary school where I live apparently had a scientist in on the day and the kids all watched it. At least thats what I heard, so not 100% on how true it was.

They must have got a lot of solar glasses though to do that.

Can't wait to finish working away so I can get bk out imaging feels like a life time away from the hobby.

Yeah someone's sneaking up behind you as the resident photographer Kieran. Saturday at Winscarr  :grin:

Might make Winscarr on Saturday as well. Fingers crossed. I'm going up to Kielder on Sunday for a week or so, so best get out while I can and while I now have access to my equipment again :)

Damian I'll bring up the little frac as well if I come up so if you want to set it up on your tripod you are more than welcome, but I don't want to spoil the amazing views you get from that massive finder!

Might make Winscarr on Saturday as well. Fingers crossed. I'm going up to Kielder on Sunday for a week or so, so best get out while I can and while I now have access to my equipment again :)

Damian I'll bring up the little frac as well if I come up so if you want to set it up on your tripod you are more than welcome, but I don't want to spoil the amazing views you get from that massive finder!

Great stuff, I'm on afternoon's so will make it up there as early as possible just need the weather to play ball and give us some nice skies

Archived