WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb Mark, looks like a real flame, ??????? I' m in the process of studying astrophotography at the moment but not likely to actually get started for around 12 month myself until I understand a lot more .

Might have something you may want to see if youre doing ap i will bring it with me if i can on thursday

Between half inch to an inch here now and snowing heavy.

Good luck with getting out up there Soupy as it's forecast all night.

Got plenty of beer and sambuca so will be OK for a couple of days if we get stranded ;)

Thanks Vicky I was just playing while I had no eyepieces. There is a tiny bit of the horses head also

Looks great Mark. I got a hint of flame on my Orion widefield, but no horsehead. It's funny what you said earlier about it looking different of the camera screen than it does when you get them on the PC. Me and Gain were talking about that on the way home on Thursday night (Friday morning), and it's weird how they look better on the screen. Then you get them on the PC and it's like "Oh, what happened???" LOL

Had a quick go at cropping and slightly processing my M45 The Pleiades image.

A bit limited as I am only working with single exposures until I treat myself to a nice shiny new laptop.

Anyway, here it is, and I am pleased with the level of nebulosity captured.

75-300mm lens at 300mm - 151.2 seconds at ISO 1600 :)

post-39306-0-40247600-1452979758_thumb.j

The Orion constellation taken 14.01.16 using Canon 100D on Skywatcher Star Adventurer - 55mm lens - single 4 minute exposure at ISO 800
You can clearly see M42 The Orion Nebula, and there is a hint of The Flame Nebula and The Horsehead Nebula..... just! :)

post-39306-0-24819400-1452982595_thumb.j

Or Leeds and Bradford too if you we're up there vicky, depending on direction. Just had a walk in the snow to pick daughter up who's been out tonight to a pantomime with brownies. Not snowing as much here now as its just eased off

Looks great Vicky, and can def make out flame and horse head. When you are shooting the subs try setting the WB to a cooler temp. It will help get rid of the orange sky glow :)

Thanks for the advice Soupy. I'm not sure about WB settings - I'll have to look into that.

Due to RAM issues on my laptop I'm limited to processing single images at present, but it's all data collection which I can process at a later date.

Processing is really difficult, and will take some learning!

The LP might have been Skipton, Keighley or Bradford - I'm not sure which, but it was only to the south of where we were.

I just wanted to get a couple of Orion as I cant image it from home.

The Kraken rum has been opened now, so no more messing about with images - time to put my feet up and catch up on some TV. Might see what they were up to on Stargazers Live :)

My first process of Comet CK2013US10(Catalina) from the Yorkshire Dales.

M51 whirlpool galaxy is the obvious Messier object in the field and the bright star is Alkaid the end star in the Great Bear. The comet is showing two tails.

Image was taken with a Canon 5D dslr with a 200mm lens.

Along with Vicky and Tony, we all had a very memorable evening under a dark starlit sky.post-2759-0-69750400-1452985244_thumb.jp

My first process of Comet CK2013US10(Catalina) from the Yorkshire Dales.

M51 whirlpool galaxy is the obvious Messier object in the field and the bright star is Alkaid the end star in the Great Bear. The comet is showing two tails.

Image was taken with a Canon 5D dslr with a 200mm lens.

Along with Vicky and Tony, we all had a very memorable evening under a dark starlit sky.

Not bad. Stick with me kid and you'll get there.....,,.. ;)

M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy looks awesome!

The Orion constellation taken 14.01.16 using Canon 100D on Skywatcher Star Adventurer - 55mm lens - single 4 minute exposure at ISO 800

You can clearly see M42 The Orion Nebula, and there is a hint of The Flame Nebula and The Horsehead Nebula..... just! :)

attachicon.gifOrion 14.01.2016.jpg

Someone on my Facebook has noticed that I have got a feint bit of Barnards Loop down the left hand side centre of my image.

I've also captured a bit of that dark circular band that encircles Betelgeuse - I'm not sure what it's called though, don't know if anyone else does?

attachicon.gifOrion 14.01.2016.jpg

Vicky nice photo of Orion

I will have to look at mine I took at winscar on Friday

see you all at the next meeting

Neil

Archived