NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats ok buddy thats my issue as well i have to be at work for 5:30am every morning which is why if i do decide to go to winscar i need to almost guarentee a good nights viewing to justify feeling rubbish all day tomorrow!

You would need a pair of battery posts or crocodile clips and wire it all to the battery.

If you are not confident to do it I can give you a hand to sort out a power tank. There are quite a few home builds on here if you want to go that route.

Forgot to mention somethingDamian, if you knew my track record with anything at all concerning with electricity and its potential for exploding and setting things on fire you wouldn't come anywhere near me unless you were wearing an asbestos suite lol.

All this talk about food... It's given me an idea. Think it might take off?

post-22085-0-21355500-1453328032_thumb.j

I'm looking at you particularly Gain! ;)

Apologies it's upside down. That's to make sure our Australian readers do not feel left out!

Apart from the thing and a bit of fog it's a nice evening

It's perfect out, had the 80mm frac out to check it as FiFi's school are borrowing it for birding tomorrow had a quick look around, the Moon was looking grand and almost blinded me, And had a quick look at Orion Nebula, the trapezium was a very easy split with no atmospheric shimmer what so ever!

Just check with Mark which one he bought for his Star Adventurer as I believe it is the same one I got from Maplins for my EPs - is that the same sized case you have just put your EP's in? :)

Vicky no it's a lot smaller got it of eBay for £20

Mines 400x240x125mm and the one from maplins are 460x350x160mm

Neil

Archived