Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hey All :D

Dave_D

Just signed up and thought I'd pop in and say hi... not new to Astronomy, (started when I was 7 with a nasty 50mm tabletop refractor so that's 40 years at it) but just finally treated myself to a decent, although second-hand scope (Orion Optics GX250 on a vixen GP-DX mount) after too many years mucking about with small aperture optics. Mainly interested in digital imaging although I'm a bit of a noob at it, working on a setup using a raspberry pi connected to an Omnivision 5647 five megapixel sensor so hopefully it'll produce some decent images... Currently doing IT support for the SKA project based at Jodrell Bank (well, until my contract ends next week lol) and before that, 15 years as a programmer on too many projects to name. Currently living in South Manchester, suffering horrendous light pollution as I'm quarter of a mile from a huge paper mill but y'know, that's how the mop flops sometimes... 

Archived