Hello from Dundee ^_^

ninetailfox07

Hey all,

I am moving from Glasgow to Dundee to attend university to study games development and I have always been fascinated with the universe and astronomy. Love shows Stat Trek and Statgate, anything to do with traversing the unknown of our galaxy and beyond

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the friendliest astro forum around. Your choice of scope can depend on many things, such as where your main interests lie (planetary, deep space, visual, photograpy etc.), how portable it needs to be and of course, budget.

Having said that, there are many good all round options but before you buy do the research and here is the best place to start.

it's also worth bearing in mind that you can learn and see a lot with naked eye and binoculars. There are also a wide choice of online resources such as Stellarium many of which are free to download. Best of luck, and don't be afraid to ask anything. Jason

There is an Observatory in Dundee which is funded by the Council [!] and open to the Public, I think it's the only one of it's kind in the country.

And there's an Astro Club who meet there, although I've not been myself yet, I'm sure you would get a warm welcome and good advice.

And when/if you manage to get your own scope, there are plenty of dark skies within easy reach.

http://www.leisureandculturedundee.com/mills

Good Luck.

Hey all,

I am moving from Glasgow to Dundee to attend university to study games development and I have always been fascinated with the universe and astronomy. Love shows Stat Trek and Statgate, anything to do with traversing the unknown of our galaxy and beyond .

I am looking to get into stargazing as a hobby whilst I spend my time here. I am just looking to get a few pointers on how to get started e.g a good first time telescope.

Always wanted to do this but never had the chance as Glasgow has horrible light pollution >_

Hey there i am just alomg the road from Dundee. What uni are you going to ? Abetray i guess. I did my BSc there in Networking

Archived