Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 2010-2013

Space Cowboy

Thanks Freddie yes I'm sure RGB will be the next step its just a question of when :cool:

Cheers Simon its striking to see how Saturn has changed when I started with a scope back in 2009 Saturn was quite a dissapointment lol As you say the best image is at the lowest alt which I did not expect.

Very nice sequence, as others have said it shows both the change in tilt and an impressive improvement in resolution. The 2013 is excellent, especially taking into account how low Saturn is in the sky.

Amazing images!!! As I'm VERY new to astronomy my No1 at the goal at the moment is to capture Saturn in all its glory, and if I manage to produce an image half as good as these I'll be very happy...

Improved with age Stuart like a fine wine eh!

That being said i would be guessing as the rings have tilted more over those years the light reflecting from them has increased as altitude has decreased giving a more viable target from many locations.

I agree your imaging skills have adapted & improved as your experience in astrophotography has increased over the years, also i dare say your kit has changed for the better as has technology, overall though it is you Stuart that is responsible for the outcome & i would like to say you have done a great job, you have also advised me on a few pointers, some of which i took on board & some not but still sound all the same.

Keep doing what your doing Stuart & above all enjoy as i know you do but like Freddie said GO MONO :-)

Thanks Michael! Cheers Jake 2011 was very good seeing on a par with 2013 but 2012 we had the monsoon so only got a couple of sessions and the seeing was very average.

Thanks Ewan yes I have spent a few pennies since that first image the biggest difference of course being made by the 10" Dob. Oh yes I'm already mono that 2013 image is mono red luminance with the colour cam producing the RGB. So I just need the GB filters if I want to go the full mono RGB route.

Archived