Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 your thoughts please

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice , deep and well resolved, congrats . :cool:

It just needs more data to bring the background noise down a touch.

Mike with this 60D's iso performance i'm not sure how to rid the images of the blockiness i see without some real image NR trickery this was 70 minutes of lights think more darks are needed? I will take your suggestion thank you.

Many thanks SnakeyJ I'm very lucky to be able to get these images i'm in my backyard behind the house and have 2 very bright sodium street lamps on either side in the front with the house just barely blocking them which at this almost straight up latitude and focal length of my scope makes it not show up in the image much even with 10 minute exposures i do use a gradient filter on them highly recommended.

Mike with this 60D's iso performance i'm not sure how to rid the images of the blockiness i see without some real image NR trickery this was 70 minutes of lights think more darks are needed? I will take your suggestion thank you.

I would say more darks would definitely help with the noise but 70 mins is not a long time for a DSO image.

I am happy to put well over 10 hours into a DSO image(mono CCD), not that I am suggesting M13 needs that long but 3-4 hours is not unreasonable for a DSLR image.

Next clear spell shoot another 70 mins to go with the 70 you have in the bag, stack the lot and see the difference. :cool:

You will find the one common factor in the cream of DSO images posted on SGL is the time put in at the scope.

Hope that helps.

Mike.

Impressive results with an interesting mount!

I read somewhere that it is possible to adjust the latitude of your mount up to 60 degrees, can you confirm this? That would suck for me living at 59° 20'

/Patrik

Impressive results with an interesting mount!

I read somewhere that it is possible to adjust the latitude of your mount up to 60 degrees, can you confirm this? That would suck for me living at 59° 20'

/Patrik

You mean my ZEQ26GT? It comes set up at 35-60 and is shipped with a short Lat adj knob also for low alt 0-35 it is amazing highly recommended!

Archived