Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PanSTARRS, M31, Astrotrac - done and dusted

Tough bit of processing on this one as the comet was still low in the light pollution but I think I'm happy with it now, so this is last nights effort (03-04-13) of Panstarrs closing in on the Andromeda Galaxy,

it's a stack of 31 one minute exposures with a 200mm lens on the Astrotrac all done whilst sheltering under a hedge trying to get out of the bitter wind.

Mel

8618950807_7e2443921e_h.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant image, the best I've seen so far. I had a go last night as well, but yours puts mine to shame :cry: . What 200mm lens do you use?

Thanks Pete

It was the canon 200mmL lens at F4 and 1600iso with a lot of credit to the Astrotrac.

Mel

What a superb image Mel, nailed that perfectly. As said before a very natural looking image. I was going for this tonight as I had found a great local site on a hill near the river Severn and was using the same kit as you. Unfortunately by the time I had set up the sky had filled with crud and nothing much could be seen below 20 degrees :(

Archived