£30-£40 Astro Xmas presents ??

kirkster501

When other half asks "What would you like for Christmas?" what things that each are 30-40 quid are truly indispensable?

My thoughts?

1. Bahnitov Mask

2. Star Atlas

3. Book (The Messier Objects)

4. illuminated reticle EP.

Those are ones I have "ordered". Any others that are killer must haves? Hats, gloves etc?

Links, thoughts and debate welcomed ! :)

Steve

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terad or rdf, anything's better than a finderscope to start off with.

Sky and Telescope's "Pocket Sky Atlas ".

The most useful charts and more useful if you laminate it.For marking objects you'll need a set of permanent markers from £ shop, neat.

Nick.

WHSmiths have a massive illustrated book called Universe by Dorling Kindersley half price at £15 at the moment which contains everything you could ever want to know about the universe from the Big Bang to star charts, using a telescope, planets, the lot! Beautiful colour photos bought one myself today!

Baader astro solar film and colour eyepieces for planetary viewing are on my xmas wish list.

The above-mentioned Universe book by DK is fantastic, and helped inspire me to get into astronomy, although I'm sure Mrs Hermit is regretting buying me the book as a present all those years ago...!

Archived