Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

People with 12 inch telescopes (any make)

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an amateur astronomer???

• Yes
    • No
    • Kind of

hi there, i have put this up because i feel not many people have 12 inch telescopes and it would be interesting to hear other peoples views (excuse the pun) and see if there are many people out there as mad and crazy about astronomy as me!

I have a LX200GPS Schmit-Cassigrein 12". Put any pictures you capture through a 12" inch you feel should be seen and comments

THANKS

I think lots of folks on the forum have 12" or even larger scopes. There are imaging sections on the forum where pics are posted and another one for equipment pics. Here is the latter one:

http://stargazerslou...ipment-gallery/

I could not complete the poll though as my largest scope is currently a 10" having "downsized" from a 12" a while back. I'm picking up another 12" later this week though so I will be eligible then :smiley:

i dont think 12" is considered that big,infact before i purchased my 12" i had already planned a 16" next year!!!ultima goal is a 22" lukehurst monster

Blimey you've got it worse than me!!!! :eek::grin:

I have a 12" scope but its going tomorrow :embarassed: . Oh well....out with the old and in with the new. :cool:

We've got a 12 inch Skywatcher Flextube dob that I love but it's up for sale as we have recently got a 16 inch Flextube that I can *just about* manage!

The missus and I are both crazy about astronomy and very much amateurs. There's so much to learn still, but I guess that's great in a way. What an amazing hobby!

I an effort to add something constructive; If I lived somewhere properly dark, I'd probably think about going larger. As it stands (for me at least) a 12" FlexTube offers a nice balance between light grasp, plus a size that is one man manageable and transportable in a car.

And I'm very amature.:)

Russell

I have a 12" F4 Revelation Astro Newtonian. Brought it purely for narrow band imaging from my light polluted site.

Comments- well it's big & heavy. Coupled with a 0.7x focal reducer / coma corrector though also optically fast - a 12" F2.9 photon Hoover!

Some early results:

Single 10s sub of M31

M31120sDsir5952.jpg

20s shot of M33

M33120sDsir5966.jpg

30s shot of M27

dsir5908stack.jpg

600s worth of the Pelican Nebula in Ha

DSIR6086_noels_1024.jpg

600s of the Crescent Nebula in Ha

DSIR6089_noels_1024.jpg

• 2 months later...