Hello... I've just spent a fortune!

forbes365

Hello all,

I've been dipping in and out of this site for ages looking at all the great advice given to others and so, now that I have just bought my 200p with EQ5 mount (and all the trimmings) I decided to register as I think I'm going to need a load of support! My first attempt last night at getting my Synscan aligned was a bit of a disaster (but at least I now know what I did wrong - thanks forums!). Now I just need to wait for the next clear night and set it all up again and try to be a bit more "professional" in my approach.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello" and thank everyone in advance for there support as I try to get to grips with my new toy.

Cheers

Forbes365

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Forbes365,

Please keep us posted how you get on with your Synscan, I was considering a Synscan upgrade for my 200P/EQ5 so I for one will be interested.

Thanks,

Pete.

Hi Pete - will do. Had a nightmare last night constantly getting "alignment failed"... but it was totally user error - seems I didn't know my latitude from my longitude (well I put them in wrong way round... amongst other noob errors!).

Once its up and running again I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new setup which should prove its worth during the next couple of clear spells. We've all made the same mistakes, rushed this and that and not paid enough attention to the instructions etc so you're in good company. There's plenty of time to get the hang of things as the stars aren't going anywhere, just ensure that you are experiencing more fun than frustration! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hello all,

I've been dipping in and out of this site for ages looking at all the great advice given to others and so, now that I have just bought my 200p with EQ5 mount (and all the trimmings) I decided to register as I think I'm going to need a load of support! My first attempt last night at getting my Synscan aligned was a bit of a disaster (but at least I now know what I did wrong - thanks forums!). Now I just need to wait for the next clear night and set it all up again and try to be a bit more "professional" in my approach. Forbes365

Can I suggest you mark the precise spot on the deck/patio/whatever once you get scope alignment perfect and put the mount back there again [without dismantling] next time to save major alignment time ! :rolleyes:

Archived