Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

newbie alert

kamikaze1100

just wanted to pop in and say......

hi from another newbie, expect many many dim questions from me as i have only just got my first scope a couple of months ago and i'm really just trying to figure how to use it:confused5:

please try and understand that this is a totally new subject to me so if some of the questions that i have no doubt i'm gunna ask may seem common sense to some of you guys but trust me i have no clue:o!!

my first dim wad question is to do with collimation i think my scope is slightly out and i have no clue as to adjusting it without making it worse:o:o

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome to SGL. Do a search at the top of the page for collimation Im sure there are lots of threads covering it. I am not an expert so I will not try to advise. Please don't think any question is dim, if you don't know, ask. That is why SGL is so good. You can find out all you need to know from the guys n girls on here.

Hi and welcome to the Lounge! The only dim question is the one you don't ask :hello2:. Loads of helpful and knowldegable people here to help out! As for collimation, I mainly use refractors and haven't had to do it yet. Lots of people say you should get a Cheshire collimator as one of your first things after the scope...no idea what it is, what it does or why its better than one from Lancashire :).

Archived