Just want to say Hi

murrak

Greetings fellow stargazers, I'm relatively new to the astronomy game. My wife surprised me with a SW 200/1000 reflector scope for Christmas and I'm just starting to get the hang of it now, (or at least I think I am, hehe). There's been a lot of reading and learning taking place in the last few months, but I believe I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Hope to meet you all soon.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it, It took me the first month to "correctly" figure out how to set-up my equatorial mount. It's not motorised, so starting off, I just pointed at an object and viewed it for a few seconds before I lost it and spent the next few minutes twiddling the dials to try and find it again. Imagine my amazement when I figured out how to align it properly and only use the one dial to easily follow whatever I was viewing.

Hi Murrak from another newbie. It sure is a steep learning curve. I've spent weeks just playing around with the mount, still haven't been out with it:rolleyes:. So much to learn, wish I'd started years ago.

Hi and welcome to the lounge, Murrak. Only really started after Christmas myself, so I'm still right at the beginning of the learning curve! Still, plenty of time, those stars aren't going anywhere... (unless they nova :)).

Archived