Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT.

SGL is freely available to all, run by volunteers, and we strive to make SGL a friendly place to meet and enjoy the company of like-minded people. For the vast majority of members this is exactly what SGL delivers.

We are open to feedback designed to make SGL a better place for everyone. However, it appears to us that some recent comments have set out to be more than just feedback, being destructive rather than constructive.

So, with regret, we have today ended the membership of a handful of members who clearly are not happy with the organisation, policy and moderation of SGL.

We have discussed this at length and believe me when I say that this has not been taken lightly, but we honestly believe that this is in the best interests of the forum.

We are now fully focused on the future, especially the SGL7 Starparty and the new forum software (watch this space).

Regards

The Admin Team.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry that it has been necessary, but I must admit I have noticed some "unpleasantness" starting to creep into SGL lately. Not a lot, but it seemed to be originating from a handful of newer members. They won't be missed. Why do some people seem to get pleasure from trying to ruin something that's good and works. ;)

OK SGL isn't perfect ;) but it's as good as it gets and all credit to the mods/admin for making it the best astro forum out there.

John

I'd noticed things were going a little awry. It's a shame when action needs to be taken, but the best interests of the site, it's members and staff must come first.

A big thanks needs to go to everyone who makes this the great place it is.

Im glad you've taken this course of action.Everyone has the right to their opinion but when its malicous and aimed at causing trouble that cant be tolerated.SGL is free to join and run by volunteers-what more can anyone ask for ?.Some people just like to cause trouble.Keep up the good work.

Great call. Many forums seem to be attacked by persons only wishing to cause trouble.

This is in my opinion the best Astronomy forum and long may it remain so.

Running and moderating any forum is a thankless task.

I and i am sure all others compliment you guys on a job well done.

John and Dawn Coulson

Well after the last PM I had from Ant I thought my card was marked :)

Pleased to see that I have still got access, and that my recent posts on locked threads etc was taken as feedback / observations and not as a dig at the admin team.

Were these members who have had their membership ceased long term members or people who have just joined ?

I can't say I'd noticed anything, but I want to say a big "Thank you" to all of the Admin & Mods team for their hard work running a fantastic forum.

I'm sure you've done the right thing.

Keep up the good work.

Steve

An big thumbs up to the admin team, as previously mentioned, running an internet forum can be a thankless task. It's so easy for people to reveal their unpleasant nature with the anonymity of the interwebs :)

I must admit that I had noticed a slightly more edgy vibe starting to emerge, so thanks for taking this difficult step to keep the house in order.

Keep up the good work all.

The air deff was very stormy last few months. Blaim it on the clouds.

The forum is a really good place I'm glad to call it my home. And every one here. Mods admin and members do make it a nice place to be

Just wondering who exactly were these members?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you guys and gals who act as adminstrators and moderators are unsung heroes. Having spoken to some you in the past at SGL star parties I know you put in a lot a work and get precious little praise and a fair bit of grief.

Your efforts are hugely appreciated. :):icon_salut::)

Archived