SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1.25m is an ETX90 and is my grab and go so in the long run would want a barlow to work on that too and that is 1.25" only. Not that I'm averse to 2" - would rather buy the best for the dob and maybe look at another for the ETX later if I can find a really good 2"

I've got a 2xTal and a 2.5x Powermate, and im right next to you. feel free to use either. Only 1.25 though

I've got a 2xTal and a 2.5x Powermate, and im right next to you. feel free to use either. Only 1.25 though

1.25" is probably more use to me as my only 2" ep is my 32mm SWA and I have a 16mm SWA. 2.5x would give me quite a nice 9.6mm equivalent off my 24mm nut the 6.4mm from the 16mm would be almost the same mag as my 7mm. WOuld be interesting to see how the Powermate compares though.

Remember to check for updates on all the software you could use or might use and then decide whether to update them or not. Then turn all updates OFF for the Star Party duration

How about dealing with the clock change on Sunday night, I guess when the system time changes, it's going to throw all your software out?

Can we have a "remember to bring" thread? (saves messing up the chat thread)

Remember to bring NickK some beer for helping convince the Mrs that an NEQ6 is a worthwhile purchase :)

What's your preference sir?

I know theres a general "say hello" thread but seeing as I'm coming to SGL 7 I thought I'd stick a "hello" in here....

Hello!

We're arriving thursday night so there'll be a late performance of "erecting a trailer tent in the dark" for anyone interested.

Also, Julie (my wife) is also threatening to make welsh cakes at some point over the weekend... not that I'm suggesting popularity or friendship can be bought you understand :)

Hi Photosbykev,

sorry have been away for a few days and have just seen your post.

Hi Neighbour, would happilly swap a shot throught the dob for a view of the sun.

See you next week.

Rapallokid

no problem :) if the weathers good I'll be looking, if the weathers bad I'll be drinking lol

Archived