SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha it was linden who took it and yeah I bet most are glad they weren't near me at that point lol I keep going over it and its like an over 18s episode of Simpsons :-(( me swearing under my breath all the time but trying to smile all the while not having any of the answers they wanted :-( haha oh. Well roll on January so I can be put out of my misery one way or the other, at least it would be mins of fame

Heh, at least when asked by Paul Abel and Pete Lawrence why you think star parties are becoming more popular, you didn't answer "Prof Brian Cox"!!! Ooops :) Got a very pointed comment from Paul for that one! Still, if you prime your interviewees I guess that's what you get :)

Paul came and interviewed me and my 9 year old son. I stumbled through some stilted nonsense answers about my gear and couldn't even remember what I had said afterwards.

My son however when asked what his favourite object to view is came back with the Ring Nebula! I was amazed. He wasn't primed beforehand and it must be at least a year since I pointed it out to him - and I didn't think he was that interested. Glad to be proven wrong though.

First time on the forum since I got back. Was it really a week ago when I set off. Big thanks to all who gave help and advice and put so much into making this event well worth the trip. It was an eventful trip both there and back luckily the camper didn't sink too far into the mud. Marcus was a big help in setting me up for the DSLR and supplying my Dew control needs. Well impressed with the scope coat I bought from green witch which will get tested in frost this weekend :)

Met a lot of friendly helpful people and hope to meet you all again next year.

Tom (the one with the dodgy rabbit skin hat)

All I can say is - Thank goodness for the use of my local rugby club. I was able to erect my tent this morning and get it dry! It was a festering, steaming mess after having to put it down and pack it in the drizzle on the Monday. I am definitely going to get a smaller one, then at least I will be able to dry it in the back garden, unlike the 8 man behemoth I am currently using.

Ian

Happy birthday !

Er, perhaps it was fate . Last year our good friend Jack Daniels appeared and this year it was Russian Standard Vodka with Cola. Seemed to be a load of empty beer bottles around the following mornings aswell.

SGL7 was snakebite ( "nasties").

Well it's got to be done !

Nick.

All I can say is - Thank goodness for the use of my local rugby club. I was able to erect my tent this morning and get it dry! It was a festering, steaming mess after having to put it down and pack it in the drizzle on the Monday. I am definitely going to get a smaller one, then at least I will be able to dry it in the back garden, unlike the 8 man behemoth I am currently using.

Ian

Mine is still in its bag in the roof rack!

Archived