Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

I hope you do, would be great to meet mr Tal

Hehe, that's pure embarrassing. I usually get called Mr 'too much time on his hands, trawling through websites, bizzarely able to remember that stuff, yet cannot remember more than 3 things when sent to the shops'

*Edit: I've not been to a star party in about 2 years or more. Sucks.

Star parties are waaaaaaay more than clear dark skies. Meeting all the fantastic folk is what makes it, for me n the mrs.

:icon_redface:

Andy.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe, that's pure embarrassing. I usually get called Mr 'too much time on his hands, trawling through websites, bizzarely able to remember that stuff, yet cannot remember more than 3 things when sent to the shops'

:icon_redface:

Andy.

very of topic, dont suppose you know where i can source a pair of tal 100 tube rings?

post-15386-0-42220600-1351018085_thumb.j this is a little bit of the info for mine... not quite sure which it will be out of the two 10.25in options though

I know the mirrors are 8th wave

Huzzah !! Another Dark Star Dobber !

I've got the baby 6.25" F7.7 . Huge size for a 6". I don't even want to think of the size of your 10 n a bit inch monster. The optics are bloomin brilliant.

Andy.

very of topic, dont suppose you know where i can source a pair of tal 100 tube rings?

Mmm. tough one. I'll have a wee look about but I'm not hopeful. Last I heard they were about a tenner + delivery etc etc from Novosibirsk, if they have any on the shelf.

I'll get back to you.

Andy.

Haha well it's nearly as tall as me and I think in around 5'4 so yeah it's big.... Especially when it's sat I my bedroom till I get everything else put in the loft lol, il post a pic at some point but can't figure how to do it on my iPhone lol :-))

post-15386-0-42220600-1351018085_thumb.j this is a little bit of the info for mine... not quite sure which it will be out of the two 10.25in options though

I know the mirrors are 8th wave

I'd say just looking it was f5 for the 50" focal length. check this roughly by getting an eyepiece to focus, then measure the distance to the secondary from the outside of the focuser and the distance from the secondary centre to the primary top surface (roughly) whichever version is closest is yours.

OK another way. measure the distance from the fixing bolts for the primary to the centre of the focuser. take off perhaps 2" for the cell and mirror and then add half the tube diameter plus the height of the focuser. this will be about right.

Haha yeah I guess just wanted to know so I don't look stupid again as the sky@night interviewed me satday night and I looked gormless, il leave it till next year and someone else can explain it face to face and then il get it.... More of a practical demonstration person me lol...... Hoping this weekend will clear up as its worse here than the satday night fog at shallow grange ;-)

Hahaha well I will try my best this yeah to get out a bit. Lost contact with everyone in the forum so wasn't feeling very in to it tbh but psp has awoke my need for learning and looking so on with the reading of sky@night Q&A book and getting out when ever possible :-))

Haha it was linden who took it and yeah I bet most are glad they weren't near me at that point lol I keep going over it and its like an over 18s episode of Simpsons :-(( me swearing under my breath all the time but trying to smile all the while not having any of the answers they wanted :-( haha oh. Well roll on January so I can be put out of my misery one way or the other, at least it would be mins of fame

Archived