Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 24/09/2011

Luis Campos

Hi all,

Just finished processing an image from the 24th, this time using Winjupos to align the RGB channels, this method allows to derotate the channels and end up with a sharper final image, also it's possible to go for longer avis during capture and get better S/N ratio :p

Hope you like it,

Greets,

post-25681-133877666818_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oo, now then, once I'd reattached my eyes into the (hopefully correct) sockets, I re-read your post...does that mean you can get close to 2 mins PER CHANNEL?? Now that sounds like technology worth investigating!

Are you using a Powermate with the Dob for this, by the way?

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your kind words :p

In fact, I dont know why WinJupos isn´t widelly used for planetary imaging as the results it produces are superb...maybe not much info on the net about this.

I'm yet do to some experiences but yes I believe you can go above 2 min. per filter, this is very good news for S/N ratio, specially for me using an "old" DMK 21 with a noisy chip :eek:

I used for this image a 2X cheap barlow (1.25" Sky Watcher) and a home made big extension tube to get a good image scale on the chip.

I use with my 12" newt. a home made motorized focuser...all aimed at saving $$$$$ here...:eek: It does a funtastic job, trust me ;)

Here is some info about planetary processing using Winjupos:

Planetary maps and de-rotation with WinJUPOS

Cheers,

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your kind words :p

In fact, I dont know why WinJupos isn´t widelly used for planetary imaging as the results it produces are superb...maybe not much info on the net about this.

I'm yet do to some experiences but yes I believe you can go above 2 min. per filter, this is very good news for S/N ratio, specially for me using an "old" DMK 21 with a noisy chip :eek:

I used for this image a 2X cheap barlow (1.25" Sky Watcher) and a home made big extension tube to get a good image scale on the chip.

I use with my 12" newt. a home made motorized focuser...all aimed at saving $$$$$ here...:eek: It does a funtastic job, trust me ;)

Here is some info about planetary processing using Winjupos:

Planetary maps and de-rotation with WinJUPOS

Cheers,

You've gone and done it now, we're all gonna be at it! In fact I have some 2min/channel captures from last night that I'm itching to have a go at later...

I'm also encouraged by your using a 'cheap' barlow and home made extension tubes - that sounds very reasonable. There're plenty of monkeys like me sinking well-earned cash into the next best Televue; maybe it's time to change tack...

Hi Jimness,

Can´t wait for you to post your results with the 2 min. / channel avis here...:p

You bet, you'll be surprized on how litlle diference...if any...on using a cheap, but good quality barlow like this SW 1.25" apo series, over some high end barlow or power mate, mine is flocked inside, just near the optics and inside the tube till the limit were you insert the cameras nosepiece. Dont forget to flock also the inner side on your camera's nose piece...all this enhances contrast by a good margin, by the way, my OTA is not flocked...yet ;)

Greets,

Archived