Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first post .

Theodore41

Hi.

I have just registered in your Forum,so it is my first post to say hello to all.

I have come close to Astronomy only since a couple of months,so I am all ears and eyes to learn about.So I registered .

Theodore:icon_salut:

Athens.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for your welcome.

And yes,I tried to learn about the types an the prices of the various telescopes,but as usually for a beginner,I was fully confused.

I began from the 99.00Euros SW,and climbing up,I looked at the Equinox 120 ED APO,the Intes Alters an STFs,passing through the Mak Newtonians,such as the SW 190 DS- PRO!Yes all of these.:)

Finally,I had a talk with a guy who is a star photographer,who cleared many things to me.

He told me that if I had to look through a telescope,being in Athens,it would be difficult to observe many celestial objects,because of the many lights of the city,which "pollute" the sky.

Then he told me,that the APO scopes I wanted,like the Equinox 120,were photographic scopes and not image ones,which are those I want,so he insisted that I had to go for a Newtonian,which would be cheap as well.

Another issue for me,is that I don't want a scope to be heavy,because I have a sensitive right hip.

So,I am here,and it is why I have registered,hoping that I learn enough about Astronomy and telescopes,so as I finally buy a scope good for me.

Regards,

Theodore.

Archived