Worst July I Remember

Deneb

Hi

This is the worst July I remember, & this is meant to be Summer, the days of summer I used to remember when I was a kid ! those days are gone now we get good days but the nights suck... So far..

The only thing I see is Cloud & Rain...

How your July being so far...?

Nadeem

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'76 was that legendary summer that everyone talks about. Soon as we have a hot one it's "just like '76". Shame 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 have had absolutely nothing in common with '76. This year is yet another poor summer. Feels like early Autumn, not height of summer. Lets hope August is better than the last few years.

I was saying the very same thing to my wife only this morning!!!

My July totally sucks so far too!!! :)

Hi

This is the worst July I remember, & this is meant to be Summer, the days of summer I used to remember when I was a kid ! those days are gone now we get good days but the nights suck... So far..

The only thing I see is Cloud & Rain...

How your July being so far...?

Nadeem

Sucks..! That's a fine word to describe it, I can think of many more.

I have had a scope for 4 months now and managed to get out 9 times with it. Bought a dslr over a month ago and the best I have managed with that is a set up in the living room.

So largely around here its all starting to feel a bit bleak this getting back into astronomy dream I had.

As for another 76 that's becoming as much a myth as England winning another World Cup..

Wishing us all some luck

Col

I was 5 months old in the summer of '76. I've always hated heat and I'm certain it stems from then!

As for this summer, I've pretty much given up with the scope until late August. Lots of cloud and it's just not dark enough for the time it takes to set up for imaging. I am getting the bino's out for an hour or so when the weather allows though.

Archived