Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Bright SN in Delphinus

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks for the post, I'll take a look as soon as I have the opportunity. It takes me back to the 70s and another nova Del, I think it was designated HR? Anyway, back in those days I used to do a lot of variable star observing and I can remember observing Nova Del. Of course in those days, with no internet, notification would have likely been by a BAA circular by post. The quickest way to have an observation published would be by sending obserbvations to The Astronomer magazine which was published monthly and with a deadline of around 15th of the month prior to the publication date. I'll stop now, before I get too nostalgic.

Thanks for the heads up and the finder chart links folks :smiley:

Solid cloud here tonight but hopefully it will hang about long enough to get a scope or binoculars onto it. I've seen several supernovae but no novae, as far as I'm aware.

Archived