Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello!

Mehraj Anik

Hello everyone,

I registered with this forum couple days earlier and have been ever busier reading everything, couldn't say hi. I am completely new in astronomy. Never even looked at clear sky if I was not that depressed. But now I want to see more. (I am not depressed though)

I am originally from Bangladesh now living in London (woolwich). Anyone around?

Planning to get myself a telescope. Posted a thread regarding my options and looking for advices. Please click here to visit the thread and advice on whatever you can! You are the experienced ones, your every single word counts!:)

Take care and happy stargazing!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mehraj,

Welcome to SGL.

You've come to the right place for plenty of great advice.

Many years ago I lived just down the road from you at Plumstead, should think it's changed a lot since I was last there.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone! I am already liking it so very much, cant explain.

Hi Mehraj,

Welcome to SGL.

You've come to the right place for plenty of great advice.

Many years ago I lived just down the road from you at Plumstead, should think it's changed a lot since I was last there.

Good luck.

I live near Plumstead Rail station. It's changed a lot in last 4/5 years. Shops haven't change whatsoever, but with the new DLR station at Woolwich (opened in the first quarter of 2010) things have changed a lot. More people, posh apartments, smart neighbors, nice and well constructed riverside, its beautiful now. Also, a Crossrail (another new underground line) construction is going on. So I can bet your next visit will be worth remembering!

Hi Mehraj,

Welcome to the Lounge. If you haven't had much experience of the sky then, apart from just getting to a dark sky site whenever you can (perhaps on holiday) I would recommend the next step is a pair of binoculars. Something like 7x50 or 10x50 is ideal (7 is magnification and 50 is width of each front lens in mm). Any higher magnification and the image wobbles too much.

Greg

Archived