Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A few Saturn images , 2nd april Skymax 127 mak

bigal1

Hi all conditions have been bad here since my last Saturn images but saturday night the 2nd april was good enough to get out and do a bit , there was no cloud but quite a bit of atmosphere wobble going on which effected the image quality , thought i'd post all the same :) . Equipment used was the Skymax 127 mak scope and an spc900nc webcam attached to a 2x barlow lense and an extension tube all slotted into a diagonal , stacked result was around 2500 frames also used the new registax 6 on this image .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877556412_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877556416_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877556419_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877556423_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877556427_thumb.jpg

Nice work and collection there Alan :)

interesting 1st redder versions shows poss fainter storm area (not brightest area)

much better and appear bit sharper than last 2

i like 2nd last one for colour the best,

but they all very decent results

thx for posting

cheers James

Very reassuring to see these great photos were taken with the SW Mak 127 - Iv'e just started in astronomy and after much research plumped for the Mak - I am pleased to have made the choice as it seems to be a good all round scope!

Perhaps astro imaging could be an interest once I get further into the interest!!

Stuart it was unstable here too. ( again 2nd night ) Nice results Al, Dont like bright sky background, but cassini looks finer less processed in the last two. So prefer them. Image analyzer can darken background, just go to colour mapper and drop the blacks section.

Very nice result indeed.

I spent an hour trying to get good focus on Saturn on Saturday before I realised the objective lens was almost dripping :icon_eek: D'oh! should'a used the heaters.

Archived