Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Wales

elbatchman

Hello all, thought I'd introduce myself to this forum. I'm Dave and have been following this forum for a little while and have been very impressed with the knowledge and friendliness from all posters.

I've been dipping in and out of Astronomy for some years and used to have a Skywatcher 150mm Dob until a few years ago...had to sell it sadly. However, the bug never left so I took delivery of Celestron 20x80 binoculars yesterday and was lucky enough to have clear skies, so spent a nice few hours outside scanning and finding Pleiades, Orion Nebula...great stuff! There's a pic of my set up below, be interesting to hear what any of you guys think of these particular binoculars / what you've seen with them etc...

Cheers all, keep up the good work!

post-25410-133877551947_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello there from North Wales, welcome to SGL. I am also using bino's. An old 10x50 pair, until I get myself a scope. I get good views when the weather allows, only downside really is holding them staedy for any length of time. Yours look splendid, especially on the tripod / mount. :D

Archived