SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi all.

Slim

Thought I'd stop by and say hello. Always had a huge interest in science, particularly physics. However, watching Brian Cox's new series, Wonders of the Universe, my interest in the heavens has sky rocketed (excuse the pun!).

I've spent the last week lurking here and it really is very overwhelming. So much fantastic information from what seems like a lovely community but woah, information overload! I look forward to working out what it all means and getting to know you in the process.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the kind words and tips, they are much appreciated. I ordered a Celestron Firstscope last night after not being able to find my binoculars. Got it for under £30 so not a huge outlay if I don't want to take it any further and if I do it will be a perfect little scope for my daughter who is turning 4 soon. I dloaded stellarium last night and had a good look out of my window to the heavens. Very nice to actually know what I was looking at and very exciting if I'm honest.

Archived