Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Merry Dancers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keeping the best til last Stewart ?:(

Amazing...

I only got through about half of the shots this morning before i was almost falling asleep at the comp so now i'm up bright and early:evil6: i've had a look through the rest.

There realy was a lot of purple in the aurora's last night and the moon gave the sky a nice hint of blue as well.

Stewart, you are making me envious with all the suberb images you are showing us, not much chance of seeing the aurora this far south.

Archie

Hope it brings back fond memories of the auroras from your time in Orkney.

I've never seen the purple in the aurora before. Amazing!

The last couple of displays have had realy strong purple/reds.

Fantastic image and lucky you being able to see them. What settings/length of subs etc did you use. I'm asking because I'm going to Iceland next year hoping to see them.

Carole

This was a 25 second exposure, f4 and ISO 1600,17-40 lens @17mm,however,the displays will be much brighter further north so you could probably get away with 10 to 15 seconds,it realy does depend on the strength of the display.

Archived