Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Kent....and thanks

KentDave

Hi everyone!

Have finally registered after spending the last few weeks reading through this fantastic, interesting and informative forum.

I am a relative newcomer to astronomy, having over the last few months been learning my way around the night sky and finding some things through binoculars after being inspired by some television programmes, and finding a website that told you when and where the ISS would pass over.

Anyway, I really registered today to thank everyone on here for their advice, although it may not have been given to me directly, I have learnt alot reading through old threads, which in turn lead me to ordering my first telescope this very afternoon (Skywatcher Explorer 130P, from FLO of course!).

I'm tremendously excited about it, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.:glasses1:

Also, it's really great to find a forum where the members are positive, helpful and encouraging to us 'newbies'.

Cheers!

Dave

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave

Sounds like you are on the same paath as me. I started going to public events last year and joined my local astro club at christmas. Not gta a scope yet but spending my time learning to fing my way around the sky and seeing what I can with a old pair of Bins. Hoping to get my first scope at the end of this year. A long wait but hopefully it will be worth it.

Rgds

Rob

Archived