Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Davie from NE Scotland saying hello

Davie

Hello all,

I've been interested in Astronomy for as long as I can remember but my 4 1/2 yo son has started to show an interest ( although how much he will get out of it I don't know... but you can never tell) so we borrowed the brother in laws telescope since he now stays in New Zealand and is unlikely to want it back in a hurry!

The telescope is a Sky Watcher 130/900. We have only been out a couple of times to look at Jupiter and the Moon with which I have to say I'm impressed with for our first go.

As of now we are really just playing with it and I've not even tried to set it up by doing polar alignment or anything its just a rough and ready "plunk it down and point it" which for what we have done so far has been fine.

We have taken a few pictures by the again rough method of just holding a compact camera up to the eye piece and clicking away but I cant get the focus right at the moment but in the future will no doubt get a webcam or adapter for some camera or other.

Having a look at the map with everybody on it I see theres somebody from Ellon which is where we stay and another from Stuartfield which is where I grew up (although the wife might dispute this)

anyhow I'm rambling now so I'm off to have a rake through the site

Thanks in advance for answering all the silly questions I'll no doubt ask in the future :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived