Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from another Newbie!

afoster2001

Hi folks, just a quick hello to all - My name's Andrew and I've been on the learning curve (still near the bottom!) for the last couple of years. I've been interested in astronomy ever since I was young but never really did anything about it. We have small kids of our own now, and I was thinking of a hobby to take up which I could do at night when the kids are asleep, and not have to leave the premises.. Bingo! Learning a bit more about astrophotography now (mostly that you seem to need loads of really expensive, fiddly equipment, a degree in computer science, and that clouds have a way of homing in on you!) but loving the nights out in the garden just looking up at the sky!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum.

Why not get hold of a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) a comprehensive guide that will set you straight on what kit to get, how to use it and why you need it to get the level of images that you want.

Clear skies

James

Hi folks, just to say thanks to all for your kind welcome.. think i'm gonna like it here in the Lounge!

..and (James), thanks for the book recommendation, I'll order a copy. Liking the "tractor" signature as well..

Archived