Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Southampton

garyc

Been thinking about buying our first telescope for a long time now (mrs G also interested). Watching Prof Cox and then driving back through the New Forest on Sunday evening and seeing a beautiful night sky got me thinking about it again. Already purchased a couple of those Philips webcams from Morgan as mentioned here on SGL as I'm interested to see what can be done on a budget with stacking images. Pretty sure what I will finally plump for (a 130P on EQ2), but I have a few questions which I will pose in the BH&A forum in the coming days.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gary and welcome to the forum.

Webcams are great for quick exposures on the planets and the moon. Anything else will require a motorised mount/camera as a minimum in order to track fainter objects for longer exposures.

Clear skies in the meantime!

James

Hi Gary, welcome to the forum.

I live just outside Southampton in nearby Eastleigh.

We also have a little group (free to join) run from this forum that meets in the New Forest to make the most of the clear starry skies you saw. You are welcome to join, come along, have a chat, try some scopes (and binoculars) and basically enjoy those New Forest skies.

Regards

Archived