NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Wrexham wrecruit!

wolfytom

Hi all.

I've been gazing upwards for 50 years. Unaided.

Had a scope for Xmas aged 7 but could see more without it.

Then I wrote to the Astronomical Society asking how I could become an astronaut and received literature designed for someone studying for a Masters in Astrophysics!

Anyway, despite that inauspicious start, a clear night still fills me with awe and wonder so now I intend to buy a scope that will make up for years of frustration.

I'll be seeking lots of advice so be prepared!

I'm planning to visit the Astro-event at Glyndwr Uni tomorrow night for a chance to try out a telescope or two, hopefully.

Thanks for listening!:icon_eek:

Andy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

Would always recommend beginners look through some kit first to get a measure of how they may best manage their expectations - so you're off to a good start.

Please come back with any questions that might arise from your visit.

Clear skies and never stop looking upwards!

James

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place for info on all aspects astronomy. You might like to find out if you have a local Astronomy Society and go along to one of their outdoor meetings. Astronomers are friendly folk and usually love to show people their scopes.

• 1 year later...

You've got another addition to the Wrexham astro-brigade here...well, Llay anyway! Just joined the forum after many years of being an inactive amateur...just getting back into it all, it's been too long! Bought myself a 10" Skywatcher goto Dob a few weeks back, so am just waiting for some clear skies now! I'd be up for any viewing nights organised in the Wrexham/Chester/North Wales area, some of those hills are very dark! Chris

Archived