newbe just seen jupiter

flyinggoldwing

Hi second night out thought I would go out and play with my scope before it got to dark saw jupiter :) and 4 moons is there 1 missing? I have a Celsetron Power Seeker 128 I have problems with focus as I just touch the knob and and the it shake, the boss has said I can get a scope for her now I was looking at a Meade ETX80 and Skywatcher Travler 102 syk-scan, my aim is astrophotography. will out again tonight.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It might well be worth while posting a question over on the imaging section to ask whether the choice of kit you listed will be suitable for astrophotograpy. I'm afraid the only black hole that you are likely to be imaging will be the one in your wallet if you buy kit that doesn't help you with what you want to achieve. :)

Congratulations on your observations of Jupiter and wishing you clear skies in the future.

James

Welcome to SGL - I came bowling into the forum looking at Astrophotography (I am a wedding photographer by day!) but have since lowered my expectations a bit (it looks like it costs a bit to get established in that field) - still, I see this as being a long term hobby and as someone said on another thread, the stars aint going anywhere so you have plenty of time to save up!

glad to see im not the only new comer.lol.i remember when i saw jupiter for the first time and it was the first thing i had looked at ever and found it by accident i was elated,so im with you on how you feel flyinggoldwing.

and imaging is where i want to be getting to so if you get any please share,the guys in here are excellent for knowledge and pointing in the right direction.

by the way did you see the darker sheded band round jupiter if so how detailed because i have my eye on a celestron.

enjoy sgl....matt

Hello Flyinggoldwing, welcome to the forum.

If it helps, I have an ETX80, and it won't take the weight of a DSLR, I've tried and the motors are not strong enough to cope.

It's a good grab and go scope, but I would look elsewhere for imaging.

Enjoy.

Archived