Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Leicestershire

Slangers

Hello everyone, my name is Slangers. I am returning to astronomy after a layoff of a couple of years. I've toyed with a number of scopes over the last 15 years or so, but gave up because I lived in a place with horrific light pollution. Have now moved house and reinvested in a new scope (as in signature), although it is currently defunct and I am awaiting replacement.

I've done so astrophotography in the past and am looking forward to trying it again with the new scope and my Canon at prime focus. Hopefully I will be posting some pictures here in due course.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Slangers and welcome to SGL :)

You'd be welcome to join East Mids Stargazers social group. We are based around Notts/Derby/Leics and we have a couple of dark sites you may care to try out that are reasonably local to Leicester (closest is at Jn24 of the M1).

If you're interested click the link in my signature for further info. Do leave a short intro thread in the group :evil6:

Hi Slangers and welcome to SGL :)

You'd be welcome to join East Mids Stargazers social group. We are based around Notts/Derby/Leics and we have a couple of dark sites you may care to try out that are reasonably local to Leicester (closest is at Jn24 of the M1).

If you're interested click the link in my signature for further info. Do leave a short intro thread in the group :evil6:

Oh really- I live in Kegworth so would be very close to your dark site. Sounds good.

Have had my original Nexstar 8SE confirmed as a dud by Celestron, so brand new instrument should be arriving tomorrow. As luck would have it the weather forecast looks poor for the next few days so I won't have to tell my wife we're not going to the cinema tomorrow night after all. :icon_eek:

Archived