Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SSP 2011

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the generators that would bother us. Looking at Sixpenny Handley on Google earth we can see it'll be Lucksall all over again - absolutely b***y MILES to the loo! And stumbling around in the dark across an open field to get there - so WORSE than Lucksall.

Any chance of a small cover charge and the hire of a couple of portaloos?

Marion and Dana

That's a real shame about the "rally field" only being available, as I recall it was no more than a spring crop field, sloping all the way, and also full of dog poo as it borders the dog walk. :D

If I could make a suggestion, what about approaching a school in the vicinity? They will be closed for summer, have nice flat playing fields, and be secure. They are also likely to have toilets available and showers.

There is a school, and also a cricket/football club in Sixpenny, but you might have more interest from a Private school who source their own funding. Also, it wont matter so much about bank holidays etc.

Worth thinking about I reckon, other options are rugby clubs etc.

Cheers

Tim

Hi stargazer,

May I put my name down provisionally for this one on an electric hook up as it is only just down the road. Will be bringing the Wife, Daughter, pooch, RV and Mini:

_CMG1499Smaller.jpg

_CMG1222Smaller.jpg

Do let us know when you have it booked so I can put my name down officially.

Might even have a telescope by then!!

Best regards

Chris

Hi stargazer,

May I put my name down provisionally for this one on an electric hook up as it is only just down the road. Will be bringing the Wife, Daughter, pooch, RV and Mini:

Do let us know when you have it booked so I can put my name down officially.

Might even have a telescope by then!!

Best regards

Chris

That's the beer tent sorted and the multimedia centre :)

Hmmmmm not sure we will be making the official star party this year, we may just be booking a whole week with the proprietors on one of their normal electric pitches. Using generators introduces a whole raft of issues and I have reservations about their implementation and upkeep.

Will hopefully see you all there even if were in a different field.......

Hmmmmm not sure we will be making the official star party this year, we may just be booking a whole week with the proprietors on one of their normal electric pitches. Using generators introduces a whole raft of issues and I have reservations about their implementation and upkeep.

Will hopefully see you all there even if were in a different field.......

We'll probably do the same to be honest. They were nice pitches on the main field, apart from the peg busting hard ground. :)

May I recommend Delta ground anchors?

We used them during a windy, rainy few days in October and still had to pull hard to get them out of the ground.

Delta Ground Anchors and Tent Pegs – the really strong tent peg

(I'm not connected to the company in any way - just a satisfied customer).

I'm glad you're a camping expert now Lou, you can help us with our tent next time :)

Archived