SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SSP 2011

Ok, so with 2010 out of the way, the planning now begins on the SSP2011. Dates are yet to be confirmed but its looking like late end of August.

As before there will be electric and non electric pitches, hog roast for the saturday evening, talks in the shed also! Also returning this year we have possibly 2 planetariums which i know were a hit in 2009.

Any ideas as to what else you would like then please feel free to suggest some ideas.

Well, this is the 5th SSP so i will have a little something in store for everyone this year to celebrate and dont worry its not fireworks :)

Darren :D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also a shame the Perseids peak is on the 12th-13th at the same time as the full moon.

The Perseidsshow was the best I have ever seen and all round the field you could hear people oh and ar'ing like a firework show.

Also a shame the Perseids peak is on the 12th-13th at the same time as the full moon.

The Perseidsshow was the best I have ever seen and all round the field you could hear people oh and ar'ing like a firework show.

I think all the main meteor showers are hindered by the moon in 2011 :)

Ive just had a phone call from the campsite saying that people are all ready trying to book for the SSP which is great but PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE CAMPSITE as they wont be taking the bookings for the star party, I will!!! I havent even told you the dates yet so how you are you meant to book, I do not know :icon_eek:

Please wait untill I have posted official dates on another thread that will have all payment details etc etc for this years SSP!!!

Many thanks

Darren

I wonder if my wife would notice if I wasn't around for our wedding anniversary, or failing that how thrilled she'd be if I booked a week holiday in a field for her as her anniversary present :icon_eek:?

Depending on dates, it might be nice to see if I can get over as relatively speaking it's really just down the road from me...

Excellent news Darren, been looking out for details of SSP2011. Last one was very enjoyable, can't wait for this one.

I'll be easy to please. As long as there is somewhere to pitch the tent, chat to people, setup the BBQ and the chance of some good skies, that'll be perfect....nothing more needed! :icon_eek:

Hello Darren.

A couple of questions for you....

After last year there was talk of holding the event in the rally field behind the one we were in, and using generators for power.

Is this going to be the case, or is the party going to be where it's been before, and the power supplied from the installed 16A hookups?

Cheers

Rob

Archived