Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45 after a battle with the G11

peter shah

I was determined not to let another amazing night go without imaging, the Gemini on the G11 has been playing up and ive still not got to the bottom of the problem, slewing to all kinds of places tracking the wrong way guiding a one degree per second restarting and a list of many other things.....cut a long story short i did what any computer expert would do....turn it off the back on again! it started to track in the right direction, even if it wasnt pointing anywhere near where is should.

So this is what i got last night added to the data from a frew months ago..... total exposure times were 130mins in Red, 84mins in Green, 108mins in Blue.

cheers peter

just updated with the tweaked version....just held back the core brightness very slightly

post-17181-133877508826_thumb.jpg

Awesome :)...the blue nebulosity extends beyond what I've normally seen in the past..

Common target which has been firmly placed in the premiership by your image .. its not in your gallery? any chance of a higher res :D

Guy

Awesome :)...the blue nebulosity extends beyond what I've normally seen in the past..

Common target which has been firmly placed in the premiership by your image .. its not in your gallery? any chance of a higher res :D

Guy

ive just added it to my gallery ist still only a fraction of the full res version

www.astropix.co.uk

i can send you the full res version if you want a close look at it Guy

Nice image Peter

When I had ta G11 it did something similar and it was a dodgy connection to one of the motors

I cleaned them with sevrisol and it was OK until the next problem which involved a new motor

MY Fault as I did not balance properly

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I think you nailed the balance between the bright cores and the nebulosity. I find my eye drawn to bothy with out either over powering the frame. Superb work well done.

Did you layer in shorter exps for the cores?

Tom.

Why am I always banging on about f ratio on equipment posts? There is your answer.

Olly

I agree olly F/ratio where you get more signal for your exposure time especially with the amount of sky time we get!.....but its not all roses the large secondary and the difficulty of collimation, transmission lost with some filters coatings ect.....but i have yet to see the perfect setup anywhere.....ill just have to make do wit it :(

Archived