Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL6 Dates

Ant

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem with non-camping attendees - we might ask you to register just so that we know more about numbers, and for badges, meals etc . We'll cover that in the information when we open booking in the New Year.

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in a spot with Electricity. It'll be one person (possibly a second) with a 4 man tent. All days.

Only complication is that it's near the end of my work contract so I may turn up at a different time than planned if I have an interview.

I really hope i dont miss the launch date of the payment, im on holiday for 2 weeks, and im really looking forward to SGL6.... dont want to miss out :)

Don't worry Keiran. We'll have lots of space I'm sure - and I'll make sure you're on the list if it goes live while you're away :eek:

Helen

Hi Helen

So whats the procedure for coming to this event? Im new to this forum but keen to come along, even if just for a night.

Thanks

We'll be making an announcement and putting a booking form and payment mechanism up in a few weeks time. So you'll be able to sign up online. We'll put a banner up on the top of each page (like the Picture of the Week one) so you won't be able to miss it :eek:

Watch this space.....

Helen

4 man tent, check. 2KW oil radiator heater, check. Basic scope, on order. Ground sheets, check. 16A to 13A 10m adaptor and fuseblock - on order. Small portable fridge, may be ordered. Camping gas stove, will buy closer to the time - nothing like the smell of bacon & eggs in the morning.

I'm assuming that your "spot" has your car and your tent. Reason is I'm thinking of getting a shelter too to act as a wind break and keep the rain/sun off. If I can get the model I'm interested in, it's partially closeable so I can put the heater & kettle in whilst observing :eek: Hopefully it'll fit.

I have not been to a start party before. As I will be in a tent, is there a facility for charging up power tanks/DSLR batteries during the day or do you have to book a pitch with an electric supply? When can we start booking?

I have not been to a start party before. As I will be in a tent, is there a facility for charging up power tanks/DSLR batteries during the day or do you have to book a pitch with an electric supply? When can we start booking?

A special booking facility will be set up in a few weeks so be patient, if you can :)

You can book pitches with electric supplies but also it's usually possible to "borrow" a connection for a while if you ask nicely :D

Most people were in tents at last years although I chickened out a bought our caravan - I nearly froze to death the year before but then I'm not very hardy !.

It's looking like I'll just have got back from Minsk a couple of days before, so unless my trip gets extended, myself and Mrs H will both be there :icon_eek:

Looking forward to it a lot....SGL5 was great....we just need to remember to take a bottle of wine up tio the house overlooking the campsite where the lady had her spotlight on last time!!

It's looking like I'll just have got back from Minsk a couple of days before, so unless my trip gets extended, myself and Mrs H will both be there :icon_eek:

Looking forward to it a lot....SGL5 was great....we just need to remember to take a bottle of wine up tio the house overlooking the campsite where the lady had her spotlight on last time!!

Glad you'll be able to come Rob and Amanda :D We're on the case for the locals.... (and the canoeists!!)

Helen

Archived