NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL5 Meals

MikeP

I've been in touch with a local restaurant and they have agreed in principle to deliver simple meals to the camp site. The camp site owners have no objection to this arrangement.

They can provide evening and lunch time meals but obviously we would need to pre-order each day. Examples of evening meals are:

• Cod and chips
  • Scampi and chips
  • Chilli and Rice
  • Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
  • Chicken Tikka Masala and Rice
  • Special Burger and Chips

The burger is £5.95 and the others are all £3.95.

I don't have examples of the lunch time menu yet.

In order to gauge interest, if you have booked for SGL5, please post a response in this thread indicating which meals you'd be interested in and for how many people. For example, I'd respond ....

Thursday, Friday and Saturday - both lunch and evening meal for 2 people.

Thanks

Mike

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that mean that there are too many stargazers for Jamie and Co. to cook for?

I can understand if that's the case....but that hot chilli was really something....I shall miss it....(heavy sigh).

If Jamie's not cooking, put me down for two hot meals on Friday and Saturday night, please. :)

From the SGL5 Booking Form ...

Is catering available?

At previous events there has been some communal catering (which has been great fun, and thanks to the hard-working chefs!). The scale of SGL5 - likely over 100 star gazers - means that unfortunately this just isn’t a practical proposition this time.

The chefs - Daz, Greg, Kai primarily with support from others were struggling with numbers around 30 or so. At present, there is a headcount of 106 attendees - not all of whom would necessarily want to be catered for but still more than we could cope with.

This is just an attempt to negotiate with a local restaurant to provide simple, cheap meals which will be delivered to the site, if there is sufficient demand.

Mike

I've now been informed that a barbecue is possible on Friday night if sufficient numbers are interested - £2.50 a head. I'm not sure what is included but there will be a choice of the usual suspects - burgers, sausage, chicken plus some salad.

Please indicate if you are interested.

Mike

Mike, that sounds great, not sure if I will be too late Friday night though...need to speak to someone about getting there late anyway...with car headlights etc... as the last thing I want to do is turn up and kill subs ~(driving over from London on Friday)...

but food wise...yup count me in on for lunch/dinner on Saturday

I've now been informed that a barbecue is possible on Friday night if sufficient numbers are interested - £2.50 a head. I'm not sure what is included but there will be a choice of the usual suspects - burgers, sausage, chicken plus some salad.

Mike

Indeed I am.

That sounds great Mike.

I'd be interested in an evening meal on Friday and lunch and an evening meal on Saturday. Just for the one person (me !).

I'd like to add my interest in the BBQ on Friday to this list.

Thanks Mike :)

BBQ sounds great - count me and my mate Nicnac in please!

(Mike - hope you didn't think I was whinging about lack of chilli - I thought greater numbers would be the limiting factor - I was just having a touch of chilli nostalgia - it was so very tasty! :))

Mike

I'll eat however many portions are required to reach "sufficient numbers" :mad::)

.. but seriously, I'm interested as will probably be Kate.

Regarding the meal delivered to the campsite I can't be sure yet but the odds are I'd have two or three dinners...

James

Mike, that sounds great, not sure if I will be too late Friday night though...need to speak to someone about getting there late anyway...with car headlights etc... as the last thing I want to do is turn up and kill subs ~(driving over from London on Friday)...

but food wise...yup count me in on for lunch/dinner on Saturday

You and me both Nick.

I'm leaving Peterborough at 5, picking Grant up and heading on over... Haven't worked out the times yet - but if we're early enough then I'll be a yes for for Friday night meal from me. (bbq would be great).

Archived