Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What have you lost lately?

Ags

Only Astro items count! My Astronomik L3 has been missing for ages, but today I realized my ZWO Duo filter has also gone. I think perhaps there is an interdimensional rift in my astronomy corner, and it is sucking small items into the seventh dimension? Let me know if you see the Duo, it was last seen in the company of an SCT - T2 adapter which I would like to bring in for questioning 😀

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Ags said:

Astronomik L3

ZWO Duo 

It is spring time, two filters go missing, no surprise there, wait a while and they will re-appear with lots of little ones - which you will need to re-home with your chums on SGL :) 

• Haha 2

The will to live....given the weather recently. All that kit sitting idle....

I'm looking at buying a s/h FSQ106. But if you value your leisure time at £10 per hour that's an awful lot of clear nights to justify the cost...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Ags said:

Only Astro items count! My Astronomik L3 has been missing for ages, but today I realized my ZWO Duo filter has also gone. I think perhaps there is an interdimensional rift in my astronomy corner, and it is sucking small items into the seventh dimension? Let me know if you see the Duo, it was last seen in the company of an SCT - T2 adapter which I would like to bring in for questioning 😀

Too funny, I lost the case for mine.  Maybe they met up and eloped? 😏

Most recently a packet of 50mm metal washers i was going to fit above the spikes of my tripod, to stop the legs sinking in the ground / getting muddy etc.

Worse one for me was a Tracer 12v 10Ah Lipo battery. Totally disappeared a few years ago.  Cost £200 or more. I've started to think, sadly, that it may have been stolen 😞

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dust cap for the eyepiece of a Skywatcher finder scope. Lost in the dark and in long grass at my society observatory. I'll manage without it, I guess ........

A while back I lost the 62mm cap off the front of one of my camera lenses, so I bought another.

Two years later I found the original on the grass outside the house. Grass I cut every week in summer :ohmy:

• Haha 4

I used to drop the washer and black knob (the one that holds the spreader for the tripod legs) and in the dark and long grass spent ages trying to find them. To make finding them easier I purchased a hand held metal detector like the ones used for body searches to help find them. Since buying the detector I have not dropped them once. Insurance I guess?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

A while back I lost the 62mm cap off the front of one of my camera lenses, so I bought another.

Two years later I found the original on the grass outside the house. Grass I cut every week in summer :ohmy:

The Elves brought it back , in their barrow world it was only a couple minutes , they have a 58 mm objective so does not fit...

• Like 1

On 28/02/2024 at 19:22, DaveS said:

My mojo.

Same. Not been feeling up for much astro lately. I used to check Clear Outside multiple time everyday seeing if there was a chance of a few hours. Relentless cloud for months and a rubbish start to the year has dampened my urge to do anything lately.

• Sad 1

I keep losing my iPhone, iPad, the plot or losing my mind some days!

That said, many years ago I ‘lost’ a TeleVue Plossl eyepiece at a star party. I returned to the park/site the following day and asked the park staff/rangers if it had been handed in. “No, nothing mate/sir. Sorry!” was the reply. So I went to where I was set up and had a look for myself and found it within a few minutes.