Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GREETING ALL FROM SOUTH WALES (uk) STAR SPOTTER

Joel

Hello all,

My name is Joel I live in Cwmbran, South Wales and have been interested in stars for a while. My first telescope arrived today, and although its not a top of the range one im hoping it will alow me to view most of the sky at night. If anyone has got any hints or tips or specific things to look at, they would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks:)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Joel, welcome to the best astronomy forum on the Internet.

Can you give us a bit of information first? Which scope have you bought? What eyepieces do you have? Do you have good views or limited to certain directions?

Mike

Hi Joel,

Welcome to SGL! There are a few of us South Walians here. I'm in Ystrad Mynach, Kev's in Pontypool and we've a couple of Newport and Swansea members too.

As Mike says if y9ou give us some more details of what you've got we can help you get the best out of it.

Helen

Salutations Joel, and make yourself at home on the best Forum for Astronomy anywhere on Mother Earth.

We have a small corner of Wales here, so you are among your fellow countrymen and women.

Enjoy your stay.

Ron.:)

Hi Joel, and welcome to SGL. I'm a Cwmbran boy too, but I now live up here in Yorkshire. Must agree with drummerp, you WILL learn a lot from the people here. They're a real friendly bunch.

Best wishes,

Richard

Archived